The Student Room Group

What has made you smile?

post removed

Scroll to see replies

This thread:h:
Finally logging on to TSR :biggrin:
Also, my parents not over reacting to my god awful mock grades (Surprisingly!)
btw I buy the Aldi Macarons, and they are really good, also in any Eastern European food store, you can find cheap, yet high quality macarons, in six/ twelve boxes
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Seeing my daughter after finishing work and giving her a massive hug.
They're not just any macarons ...
The sun and breaking through the hard bit of first taking antidepressants for me. The feeling as I'm coming out of the darkness is enough to make me smile!
Original post by EtherealNymph22
They're not just any macarons ...

Why are macarons so expensive anyway? They're just almond biscuits with a bit of ganache inbetween :tongue:
they make them like no body's business on bake off, so they must be relatively cheap to make....
What gives?
The girl at check out told me to "smile more beautiful" before handing me my lube and apple sauce
Original post by homeland.lsw
Why are macarons so expensive anyway? They're just almond biscuits with a bit of ganache inbetween :tongue:
they make them like no body's business on bake off, so they must be relatively cheap to make....
What gives?

Economics. If people pay for it they're gonna sell it at a higher profit margin. Quite often what we pay for is Really not expensive to make, but yeah, capitalism.

Did you see the study The Times did about women paying more than men the high street for equivalent items?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
1. I was being picked up late a few months ago, and I decided to just walk to a nearby supermarket to get a drink. I think it was a 4 minute walk. It was raining, and I had nothing but my bag to shield me from the rain.

For some reason, it made me really happy, and I started smiling as I walked alone in the rain, with the gloomy grey sky casting upon me. I felt so content, and prolly looked like weirdo, smiling to myself while walking in the rain.

I stepped into a puddle and ruined my shoe later on, however.

2. After not being on Tumblr for a year, I went back, and messaged my friends on there. There's this particular one that messaged(fan-mailed) back and forth everyday, chatting about our lives and fandom stuff. When I got her reply, she was all in caps lock and stuff and said something along the lines of 'OMG I MISS YOU YOU TRASH'. I just couldn't help smiling at the 'you trash' bit. I know friends call each other that in an affectionate way, and refer to themselves as that (ie. shipping trash), and usually I get slightly piffed from that, but when I read that, I couldn't stop smiling.
(edited 8 years ago)
I said Aldi, not Lidl. But they do sell them in Lidl, so go for it. It's just they're made in Hungary, not in France so...
Reply 12
Big long hug with one of my mates who is a great hugger. Hugs are good for the soul 😎
They both are German
I said Aldi, not Lidl. But they do sell them in Lidl, so go for it. It's just they're made in Hungary, not in France so...

I applied for and got the area manager role at Aldi whilst I was in my final year of university (I ended up turning it down when I realised what a bad model their grad scheme is- they lure people in with salary and a nice car and basically work them to the bone- the dropout rate is like 80%) but anyway I had to get a previous employer to do a reference and all through it she referred to Lidl instead of Aldi -'X would be a great asset to lidl' etc. They didn't seem to mind too much but lol.
Original post by Drez999
Big long hug with one of my mates who is a great hugger. Hugs are good for the soul 😎

There are now literal hugging businesses where people pay to get given hugs.
Original post by EtherealNymph22
Economics. If people pay for it they're gonna sell it at a higher profit margin. Quite often what we pay for is Really not expensive to make, but yeah, capitalism.

Did you see the study The Times did about women paying more than men the high street for equivalent items?

Spoiler

Hmmmmm, just don't you think it's odd to pay so much for a glorified biccie?

Spoiler

@CoolCavy's rep
@stop888's PM, actually that made me guffaw like

Both of them are just adorable rabbits :love:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hmmmmm, just don't you think it's odd to pay so much for a glorified biccie?

Spoiler

Lol yeah but I think psychologically it makes the glorified biccie taste even better- like a placebo- these biscuits are expensive so they MUST taste realllly good. That's m&s's whole marketing strategy.

Have you seen the person who realised an m&s chocolate covered biscuit was just a normal custard cream after he dipped it in his tea and the choc melted?!

Spoiler

Original post by Hamoody96
@CoolCavy's rep
@stop888's PM, actually that made me guffaw like

I literally still haven't worked out how to tag people. How do you do it? Can you do it from your phone?

Quick Reply

Latest