Doing an A level Psychology Fast track - Slowly regretting - HELP! Watch

Nadiiiaax
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Would it be OK if I opt out of fast track? My tutor mentioned on the reference that I'm doing a fast track. But for my entry requirements - having an A level isn't really necessary as I'm currently doing a BTEC Extended Diploma level 3 and I would get my full grade from that - adding an A level to it just makes it look better imo. But is there any way in changing it from fast track to normal? There's only one university that has given me an offer, and they didn't ask me for the A level, only for my BTEC grade. Would this make my application getting across to the other unis take more time?

(Please mind the typos D: )
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nadiiiaax)
Would it be OK if I opt out of fast track? My tutor mentioned on the reference that I'm doing a fast track. But for my entry requirements - having an A level isn't really necessary as I'm currently doing a BTEC Extended Diploma level 3 and I would get my full grade from that - adding an A level to it just makes it look better imo. But is there any way in changing it from fast track to normal? There's only one university that has given me an offer, and they didn't ask me for the A level, only for my BTEC grade. Would this make my application getting across to the other unis take more time?

(Please mind the typos D: )
If you change your application then the unis can change your offer. You'd be best to contact the universities and ask them what they would do if you stopped doing psychology.
Nadiiiaax
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
If you change your application then the unis can change your offer. You'd be best to contact the universities and ask them what they would do if you stopped doing psychology.
Im not stopping psychology, I just want to do the normal track, not fast track.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nadiiiaax)
Im not stopping psychology, I just want to do the normal track, not fast track.
So you would change from a full A level to just an AS level? Same advice as above applies, you are changing what you said you would do and even though it isn't part of offers you have received you need to talk to your unis about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads