The Student Room Group

Doing an A level Psychology Fast track - Slowly regretting - HELP!

Would it be OK if I opt out of fast track? My tutor mentioned on the reference that I'm doing a fast track. But for my entry requirements - having an A level isn't really necessary as I'm currently doing a BTEC Extended Diploma level 3 and I would get my full grade from that - adding an A level to it just makes it look better imo. But is there any way in changing it from fast track to normal? There's only one university that has given me an offer, and they didn't ask me for the A level, only for my BTEC grade. Would this make my application getting across to the other unis take more time?

(Please mind the typos D: )
Original post by Nadiiiaax
Would it be OK if I opt out of fast track? My tutor mentioned on the reference that I'm doing a fast track. But for my entry requirements - having an A level isn't really necessary as I'm currently doing a BTEC Extended Diploma level 3 and I would get my full grade from that - adding an A level to it just makes it look better imo. But is there any way in changing it from fast track to normal? There's only one university that has given me an offer, and they didn't ask me for the A level, only for my BTEC grade. Would this make my application getting across to the other unis take more time?

(Please mind the typos D: )

If you change your application then the unis can change your offer. You'd be best to contact the universities and ask them what they would do if you stopped doing psychology.
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
If you change your application then the unis can change your offer. You'd be best to contact the universities and ask them what they would do if you stopped doing psychology.

Im not stopping psychology, I just want to do the normal track, not fast track.
Original post by Nadiiiaax
Im not stopping psychology, I just want to do the normal track, not fast track.

So you would change from a full A level to just an AS level? Same advice as above applies, you are changing what you said you would do and even though it isn't part of offers you have received you need to talk to your unis about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest