The Student Room Group

Memories that make you laugh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eternalflames
Was she a rather large woman?

No, but there was a rather large difference in height :biggrin:
Original post by Indeterminate
No, but there was a rather large difference in height :biggrin:

Oh, they must have both felt so humiliated when that happened, but so funny for everyone else :lol:
Trolley riding with a group of friends. The best laugh I've had so far ( and ended up with the best bruise 😂)
When I think back to fourth year of secondary school and I was standing on the wall at the bus stop and there were pointy railings against it that weren't too high and when my bus came, I never realised my skirt was caught on top of the railing and when I jumped, I was left hanging there on top of the railing and everyone could see my knickers and my crush was there too which didn't help. I was mortified but looking back at it always makes me laugh

Or there was my first day of college. I went to get chips and cheese from the canteen and the dinner lady handed me the box of chips and told me I could get the cheese myself from the next counter and I went to the next counter and grabbed what I thought was cheese and put it over my chips and sat down to eat them and after thinking to myself that this cheese didn't taste right, it took me 10 mins to realise I put grated carrots over my chips instead of the cheese
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
When I think back to fourth year of secondary school and I was standing on the wall at the bus stop and there were pointy railings against it that weren't too high and when my bus came, I never realised my skirt was caught on top of the railing and when I jumped, I was left hanging there on top of the railing and everyone could see my knickers and my crush was there too which didn't help. I was mortified but looking back at it always makes me laugh

Or there was my first day of college. I went to get chips and cheese from the canteen and the dinner lady handed me the box of chips and told me I could get the cheese myself from the next counter and I went to the next counter and grabbed what I thought was cheese and put it over my chips and sat down to eat them and after thinking to myself that this cheese didn't taste right, it took me 10 mins to realise I put grated carrots over my chips instead of the cheese
Posted from TSR Mobile

that actually doesn't seem too bad...
Original post by homeland.lsw
that actually doesn't seem too bad...

It was more that how long it took me to notice even while eating it that makes me laugh. Most people would have noticed within the first bite or 2 but it still took me ages to click. Must have been a bit slow that day lol and believe me, it tasted rank! Don't recommend it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
It was more that how long it took me to notice even while eating it that makes me laugh. Most people would have noticed within the first bite or 2 but it still took me ages to click. Must have been a bit slow that day lol and believe me, it tasted rank! Don't recommend it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, you were probably like oooh red Leicester...
but honestly who would buy the grated carrots...?
I once thought a man was my dad on holiday he had the same coat and everything. Traveled up the road with this man for a while. I even peered up at the man to make sure it was my dad and was convinced it was. Then I got to the end of the road looked up at the man again who was actually looking at me quite angrily by now, realised it wasn't my dad and then turned around to find my dad hiding and watching down the road.

Bit embarrassing
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eternalflames
Aww, your parents should have recorded that :smile:

Hahaha oh god no!

Original post by Longshot700
I was at my first party at 17 with people from my college.

I'm from a christian background so mind was innocent and everything.

1 or 2 girls sorta pulled me off my seat and started to grind on me, I had no idea what to do so I started double fist bumping the air sorta peanut butter jelly time style.

I cringe but laugh everytime I remember it.

LOL that's brilliant
Original post by MoonRocket
I once thought a man was my dad on holiday he had the same coat and everything. Traveled up the road with this man for a while. I even peered up at the man to make sure it was my dad and was convinced it was. Then I got to the end of the road looked up at the man again who was actually looking at me quite angrily by now, realised it wasn't my dad and then turned around to find my dad hiding and watching down the road.

Bit embarrassing

Yeah, it can happen when they're wearing the same clothes as someone you know. I remember when I was five, this woman was wearing the exact same dark pink shirt and black trousers as my mum and I gave her a hug. Lol, she was cool about it though, I saw my mum in the other aisle, looked up and saw this other lady and I was like 'oh, well this is embarrassing'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
When once i was with my group of friends from college walking to Asda and i slipped and i grabbed hold of my friend and she fell too. we was just lying in the snow laughing so hard
I was in year 6/7 and I recall going to the local park and walking up the massive hill and thinking it was equivalent to going up to mount Everest when in reality it was a 5-6 mins ish walk up on a incline. Also even further back I remember laughing so much with my friend when I tried to the monkey bars in parks and falling after 2 then complaining about wanting to go home.

Why do things change when you grow up? :moon: :cry2: :cry:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
My friend and I were in yr 9 and went to the toilets after our IT class. So we're looking in the mirror and commenting on this fit boy in our class when I realised that the toilets were bigger than normal and it stunk more.

We looked back through the mirror and there was the boy we were talking about at the urinal frozen in his spot as if trying not to get caught.

We nearly died of humiliation, and as we were leaving a group of boys from our year went past saw us and one of them said. " that's just wrong"

We'd gone into the boys toilets without realising and let's just say, we are all friends now, that boy and us, but nearly 8 years on we still have tears when we think about it.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Original post by Student403
When my parents were still married, we used to all sit together every Friday night and watch a movie. Once we were watching home alone (I was about 8 at the time) and there was this scene when the 2 crooks were about to catch Kevin, and I screamed to my parents "never leave me home alone!!!!!!!!" and I started bawling really loudly and hugging them :rofl:

Good times :' )

Aww bless you! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by ivy.98
when i was in year 7, my friend was reading aloud, when he came across "but cracks were forming in the ship" or something along these lines, and he suddenly stops and yells "butt cracks?!"

i have no idea why i still laugh at that :rofl::rofl:

omfg lol
Original post by Indeterminate
Aww bless you! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks lol :rofl:
Original post by homeland.lsw
*tries to remember something happy*
Well once I went to malaga with my parents and we were in some square, and I was sitting next to his odd guy on a bench.
He was just staring at me for some reason
Anyway we left and walked back to our hotel and noticed he was following us, so we like ran to some random other hotel and had to call the police on him because he was following us and looked like a killer
Still laugh, he was some banterlicious guy!!

Waht?! o.O

*Stories, funny stories, more funny stories.*

And then...
*Creepy stalker, possible serial killer*

"Some banterlicious guy..."

That's pretty scary to be honest. At least you're okay.
Original post by flyingpanda
Waht?! o.O

*Stories, funny stories, more funny stories.*

And then...
*Creepy stalker, possible serial killer*

"Some banterlicious guy..."

That's pretty scary to be honest. At least you're okay.

He was mentally handicapped so...
NEVER GO TO MALAGA!
A few years ago I was riding a horse and I had an accident and fell down, I broke a vertebra (I did not no yet) but at the moment I did not felt much pain (it came after lol).
Bref I was on the ground, really really in a bad condition and could'not move and the only thing I was thinking about was if my horse was ok and if he was not hurt too lol.
When came the ambulance I asked people to take me to my horse before hospital and they said things like "everything's ok you get hurt on your head you don't know what you're talking about"
Thinking about it makes me laugh so hard hahaha
Original post by Pharmaholic
Some cute and weird things my boyfriend and I have said or done. Like once during foreplay he said 'do you like it when I fingerblast you'. We had just discovered that term and I couldn't stop laughing. Another time, again during foreplay, when my right hand and arm got tired, I used my left hand to grab my right arm to move it. It was hilarious!!

Another time was when my boyfriend and I were walking through this field and a dog came running at us, his expression was the cutest thing I've ever seen!! (He's a tad bit scared of dogs).

I've had some amazing, memorable times with my SO, everything tends to be funny and cute when he is involved. He makes me laugh a lot and gives me genuine happiness

Amazing comment! I love this!!! <3

Quick Reply

Latest