The Student Room Group

Can someone explain this?

AffordabilityInternational business means more costs, including travel, customs, phone calls and office space if you plan to offer an oversees office. (For most companies, the biggest difference in costs between having an international or domestic business is shipping). Don't forget to include the hidden costs involved with shipping overseas, such as hiring a freight forwarder and purchasing overseas shipping insurance. Further, overseas buyers might ask for long periods of credit extension, leaving you with cash flow issues unless you prepare for them. Develop a list of all the costs your international business venture will incur, and measure them against the potential gains.

Can someone explain me specially this line?
(For most companies, the biggest difference in costs between having an international or domestic business is shipping).
Original post by Superprohero
AffordabilityInternational business means more costs, including travel, customs, phone calls and office space if you plan to offer an oversees office. (For most companies, the biggest difference in costs between having an international or domestic business is shipping). Don't forget to include the hidden costs involved with shipping overseas, such as hiring a freight forwarder and purchasing overseas shipping insurance. Further, overseas buyers might ask for long periods of credit extension, leaving you with cash flow issues unless you prepare for them. Develop a list of all the costs your international business venture will incur, and measure them against the potential gains.

Can someone explain me specially this line?
(For most companies, the biggest difference in costs between having an international or domestic business is shipping).

It means that if your business is solely in the UK, you would only need to pay the lower-priced domestic postage option which allows deliveries within the UK.

If it is international, however, you would also need to ship to addresses outside of the UK and pay more for the privilege.
Reply 2
Original post by SecretDuck
It means that if your business is solely in the UK, you would only need to pay the lower-priced domestic postage option which allows deliveries within the UK.

If it is international, however, you would also need to ship to addresses outside of the UK and pay more for the privilege.

I have made some changes in answer will this work?

affordability

International business means more costs, including travel, customs, phone calls and office space. For most companies, the biggest difference in costs is shipping, international shipping is usually more expensive compare to domestic . Don't forget to include the hidden costs involved with shipping overseas, such as hiring a freight forwarder and purchasing overseas shipping insurance. Further, overseas buyers might ask for long periods of credit extension, leaving you with cash flow issues unless you prepare for them. Develop a list of your all cost and measure them against the potential gains.
Original post by Superprohero

I have made some changes in answer will this work?

affordability

International business means more costs, including travel, customs, phone calls and office space. For most companies, the biggest difference in costs is shipping, international shipping is usually more expensive compared to domestic . Don't forget to include the hidden costs involved with shipping overseas, such as hiring a freight forwarder and purchasing overseas shipping insurance. Further, overseas buyers might ask for long periods of credit extension, leaving you with cash flow issues unless you prepare for them. Develop a list of your all cost and measure them against the potential gains.

That's great. I did make a grammar correction in the above, though. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SecretDuck
That's great. I did make a grammar correction in the above, though. :smile:

:smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest