The Student Room Group

Student Finance- Residency Covid19

Hello !

I am in a bit of a situation and I was hoping someone could help me. I am a EU student with settled status. I arrived in the uk in September 2017. I did a first undergrad degree that I finished in June 2020. I started another undergrad degree in September 2021.

Why the gap ? Because of the pandemic I had no choice but to leave for a year. Now Student finance told me I have to proof my residency and thus explained the 1 year gap. I told them it was due to the pandemic but they are asking for evidence ? I am so confused as to what to send them. Also, I was visiting my family abroad during my summers at university all these years and they also request evidence for those gaps with an handwritten letters and evidences. How can I prove that ? I am so lost ! Anyone who went through this ? Thanks !
Hi VDebut,

When you were contacted to send evidence of your break in residency was it not explained what you can provide?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Hi thanks for your reply !
It was a bit confusing as to what to provide. From what I gathered I have to write handwritten letters and explain what happened but as examples or explanations for evidence, I wasn’t really given any. Is that a common procedure ? Thanks !
Original post by VDebut
Hi thanks for your reply !
It was a bit confusing as to what to provide. From what I gathered I have to write handwritten letters and explain what happened but as examples or explanations for evidence, I wasn’t really given any. Is that a common procedure ? Thanks !

Hi there,

If you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account, we'll look into this and determine what's needed. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending