The Student Room Group

Student Finance- Residency Covid19

Hello !

I am in a bit of a situation and I was hoping someone could help me. I am a EU student with settled status. I arrived in the uk in September 2017. I did a first undergrad degree that I finished in June 2020. I started another undergrad degree in September 2021.

Why the gap ? Because of the pandemic I had no choice but to leave for a year. Now Student finance told me I have to proof my residency and thus explained the 1 year gap. I told them it was due to the pandemic but they are asking for evidence ? I am so confused as to what to send them. Also, I was visiting my family abroad during my summers at university all these years and they also request evidence for those gaps with an handwritten letters and evidences. How can I prove that ? I am so lost ! Anyone who went through this ? Thanks !
Hi VDebut,

When you were contacted to send evidence of your break in residency was it not explained what you can provide?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Hi thanks for your reply !
It was a bit confusing as to what to provide. From what I gathered I have to write handwritten letters and explain what happened but as examples or explanations for evidence, I wasn’t really given any. Is that a common procedure ? Thanks !
Original post by VDebut
Hi thanks for your reply !
It was a bit confusing as to what to provide. From what I gathered I have to write handwritten letters and explain what happened but as examples or explanations for evidence, I wasn’t really given any. Is that a common procedure ? Thanks !

Hi there,

If you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account, we'll look into this and determine what's needed. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply