Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PGDE - Scotland. Is it possible to work part time? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was just looking for some perspective from anyone currently undertaking the postgrad in primary teaching.

Do you believe it is possible to work part time at all during the year? I will be living at home so personal costs will be low but I was hoping to still work part time - maybe 8-12 hours for some extra money. Is this realistic or not advisable at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMC512)
    Hi,

I was just looking for some perspective from anyone currently undertaking the postgrad in primary teaching.

Do you believe it is possible to work part time at all during the year? I will be living at home so personal costs will be low but I was hoping to still work part time - maybe 8-12 hours for some extra money. Is this realistic or not advisable at all?
    Can't speak for Scotland, but if you look at the PGCE threads, you'll find the vast majority of people wouldn't even think about it. It's a massively demanding and time consuming course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.