The Student Room Group

Failing NQT year Scotland

So I'm almost halfway through my NQT year, and I'm starting to get concerned that I'm going to fail probation.
I got a "cause for concern" for term one, which totally blindsided me. I was told after observations that I had little things to work on but nothing big, so I thought I was fine. Only to be told that actually those little things are enough to put in a cause for concern.
It totally knocked me off my game, and I felt really low over Christmas break.
I've pulled myself together a bit since and am feeling more proactive about doing the things they are asking to see but still feeling a bit ****.
We've had meetings since being back to offer "more support," but most of the support already feels like more work on top of an already crazy work schedule.
I also have 3 young children (6, 5, and 2), so home life is crazy too.
I'm working my ass off probably doing about a 60hr work week and trying to do the things they are asking to see, going to additional observations and attending extra meetings with my mentor in what should be planing time but im just worried its not enough.
I have a terrible track record for my observations going poorly and not really showing what my classes are like on the day to day basis, which does not help.
Basically, my real question, after all that is;

If I fail the probation period, are there any other jobs that I can do with my PGDE? Can I go on supply still or not?

Thanks, sorry its so long
Reply 1
Resign and finish elsewhere.
Original post by xjay1234
Resign and finish elsewhere.

I'm not sure you can do that in Scotland

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending