Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Info in this thread follows the 2008 specification)

rules:
    1. Don't discuss the 2015 papers on this thread until April when mostly everyone has done their mocks.

2. Please try to not go off on a tangent in your conversations, everything should be STRICTLY BIOLOGY-related here!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Idk if this is the official one but how do you guys make notes for biology, I write like specific bits and stuff but not sure how to lay stuff out etc. I know diagrams work for me and I've draw a few for like the heart for topic1 (resitting) and topic 7. One other thing I don't get is what to highlight lmao

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing A2 biology Edexcel 8BI01-9BI01 or IAL edexcel biology, feel free to join the thread that I have made
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3892553

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Anyone doing A2 biology Edexcel 8BI01-9BI01 or IAL edexcel biology, feel free to join the thread that I have made
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3892553

Posted from TSR Mobile
    whats 8BI01-9BI01? is that the new spec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    whats 8BI01-9BI01? is that the new spec?
    No it is biology (2008) , which is before the new speciation you're doing now, yours first assessment is 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No it is biology (2008) , which is before the new speciation you're doing now, yours first assessment is 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No lol? I'm doing the 2008 specification. 6BI04-6BI05 is the 2008 spec.

The first new spec assessment is for AS exams in 2016. I specifically stated A2 in my thread title.

ReputationRep:
    no lol? im doing the 2008 spec. And 6BI04 etc is the 2008 spec.
    oh, okay then what's this one? http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...logy-2008.html

ReputationRep:
    oh, okay then what's this one? http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...logy-2008.html
    oh,okay then whats the paper reference of this 2008 spec-based paper?

ReputationRep:
    oh,okay then whats the paper reference of this 2008 spec-based paper?
    okay lol, 8BI01-9BI01 represents the whole speciation but 6BI04 represnts the paper reference code for this specification therefore we're both correct!

Since I have made a thread before, what do you think of either splitting units or combining the two threads ?

ReputationRep:
    okay lol, 8BI01-9BI01 represents the whole speciation but 6BI04 represnts the paper reference code for this specification therefore we're both correct!

Since I have made a thread before, what do you think of either splitting units or combining the two threads ?
    It would be in both our best interests to join them. How do you merge threads? I don't want it to be confusing for people.

ReputationRep:
    It would be in both our best interests to join them. How do you merge threads? I don't want it to be confusing for people.
    Yeah same here, I would prefer to merge threads, wait I'll look it up!

ReputationRep:
    YAAAY!!! It's about time someone made this.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to start revising now, oh, and is anyone doing resits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    YAAAY!!! It's about time someone made this.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to start revising now, oh, and is anyone doing resits?
    I really want to revise, but these stupid uni interviews are consuming my life,
    and yeah unit 1. Thats such a pain.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to revise, but these stupid uni interviews are consuming my life,
    and yeah unit 1. Thats such a pain.
    I'm retaking both units even though I got an A and B because every UMS counts and I have a dirty feeling that I'm not going to do that well in A2 :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm resorting unit 1 to hopefully bring the B I got up to an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    I'm retaking both units even though I got an A and B because every UMS counts and I have a dirty feeling that I'm not going to do that well in A2 :/
    SAME!!! A2 is looking like a pain. (dont even get me started on unit 5)
    just maximise AS and you'll be fine for an A hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    I'm resorting unit 1 to hopefully bring the B I got up to an A!
    Unit 1 is arguably the hardest paper out of the 2. IMO but it has really buff links with A2/

ReputationRep:
    Moved to biology exams.

ReputationRep:
    SAME!!! A2 is looking like a pain. (dont even get me started on unit 5)
    just maximise AS and you'll be fine for an A hopefully!
    I like topic 5, but I missed the majority of topic 6 eek

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 is arguably the hardest paper out of the 2. IMO but it has really buff links with A2/
    Agreed! It's working out what they actually want you to write about that catches me out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 11, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.