The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

(Info in this thread follows the 2008 specification)

rules:
1. Don't discuss the 2015 papers on this thread until April when mostly everyone has done their mocks.

2. Please try to not go off on a tangent in your conversations, everything should be STRICTLY BIOLOGY-related here! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Idk if this is the official one but how do you guys make notes for biology, I write like specific bits and stuff but not sure how to lay stuff out etc. I know diagrams work for me and I've draw a few for like the heart for topic1 (resitting) and topic 7. One other thing I don't get is what to highlight lmao
Anyone doing A2 biology Edexcel 8BI01-9BI01 or IAL edexcel biology, feel free to join the thread that I have made
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3892553

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by PlayerBB
Anyone doing A2 biology Edexcel 8BI01-9BI01 or IAL edexcel biology, feel free to join the thread that I have made
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3892553

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats 8BI01-9BI01? is that the new spec?
Original post by mercuryman
whats 8BI01-9BI01? is that the new spec?

No it is biology (2008) , which is before the new speciation you're doing now, yours first assessment is 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
No it is biology (2008) , which is before the new speciation you're doing now, yours first assessment is 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

No lol? I'm doing the 2008 specification. 6BI04-6BI05 is the 2008 spec.

The first new spec assessment is for AS exams in 2016. I specifically stated A2 in my thread title.
(edited 8 years ago)
no lol? im doing the 2008 spec. And 6BI04 etc is the 2008 spec.

oh, okay then what's this one? http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/biology-2008.html
Reply 7

oh,okay then whats the paper reference of this 2008 spec-based paper?
oh,okay then whats the paper reference of this 2008 spec-based paper?

okay lol, 8BI01-9BI01 represents the whole speciation but 6BI04 represnts the paper reference code for this specification therefore we're both correct!

Since I have made a thread before, what do you think of either splitting units or combining the two threads ?
Reply 9
okay lol, 8BI01-9BI01 represents the whole speciation but 6BI04 represnts the paper reference code for this specification therefore we're both correct!

Since I have made a thread before, what do you think of either splitting units or combining the two threads ?

It would be in both our best interests to join them. How do you merge threads? I don't want it to be confusing for people.
It would be in both our best interests to join them. How do you merge threads? I don't want it to be confusing for people.

Yeah same here, I would prefer to merge threads, wait I'll look it up!
(edited 8 years ago)
YAAAY!!! It's about time someone made this.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to start revising now, oh, and is anyone doing resits?
Original post by TheGreatImposter
YAAAY!!! It's about time someone made this.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to start revising now, oh, and is anyone doing resits?

I really want to revise, but these stupid uni interviews are consuming my life,
and yeah :frown: unit 1. Thats such a pain.
I really want to revise, but these stupid uni interviews are consuming my life,
and yeah :frown: unit 1. Thats such a pain.

I'm retaking both units even though I got an A and B because every UMS counts and I have a dirty feeling that I'm not going to do that well in A2 :/
I'm resorting unit 1 to hopefully bring the B I got up to an A!
Original post by TheGreatImposter
I'm retaking both units even though I got an A and B because every UMS counts and I have a dirty feeling that I'm not going to do that well in A2 :/

SAME!!! A2 is looking like a pain. (dont even get me started on unit 5)
just maximise AS and you'll be fine for an A hopefully!
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm resorting unit 1 to hopefully bring the B I got up to an A!

Unit 1 is arguably the hardest paper out of the 2. IMO but it has really buff links with A2/
Reply 17
Moved to biology exams.
SAME!!! A2 is looking like a pain. (dont even get me started on unit 5)
just maximise AS and you'll be fine for an A hopefully!

I like topic 5, but I missed the majority of topic 6 eek
Unit 1 is arguably the hardest paper out of the 2. IMO but it has really buff links with A2/

Agreed! It's working out what they actually want you to write about that catches me out

Quick Reply

Latest