The Student Room Group

Grow Your Grades...Prize announcement!

Hello Everyone! :hi:

Thank you to everyone who's already signed up to Grow Your Grades- your blogs are already looking fantastic and it's so great to see such dedication to your revision. :h:

We now have an overall prize for the lucky winner which is...
*drum roll*...

Spoiler

We've also decided to extend the deadline until MONDAY 22ND FEB so there's still time to get your blog up and running if you want to take part! GET YOUR ENTRY IN HERE!

(For anyone who wants to start their new blog all you need to do is start a new thread- outlying your academic goals, then PM me to let me know you're getting involved!)

Thought this would be a good time to also share some top tips about how to most effectively use your blog to your advantage...

Spoiler

Revision blog top tips:

1. Be specific
We're really interested to hear about everything that you do- made an exam timetable? I'm interested. Created some swish flashcards? Show 'em off! Wrote out your notes? Yep, I want to hear about it!

2. Be reflective
Find out what does and doesn't work for you, evaluate how you're feeling about exams and how you can make improvements as you go.

3. Show your working
Tell us what methods you're using, how they're helping and what you don't like. Share your wisdom so we can all learn from each others mistakes.

4. We want to get to know you!
Show us a bit of personality, get creative let us know the highs and lows of your revision.

5. Keep up to date
Keep posting regularly and don't give up! You don't need to post every day, but updating regularly will be key to an excellent (and useful) blog!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you have signed up to Grow Your Grades and I haven't quoted you in (I apologies for that) and please let me know!! So I can make sure you're all involved in the future :h:
Original post by Tank Girl
x

Up to date...like everyday?
also you didn't quote me :smile:
When your name is so unique that a CT member struggles to quote you :smug:
Original post by Mayhem™

I know right...
Reply 5
Original post by Mayhem™

Damn! I knew your name was going to cause trouble, but I thought I'd figured out how to add it in with the bulk quoting...

:angry:
Damn! I knew your name was going to cause trouble, but I thought I'd figured out how to add it in with the bulk quoting...

hehehe :teehee:
Reply 7
Original post by homeland.lsw
Up to date...like everyday?
also you didn't quote me :smile:

Sorry! I'll add you to the list.

And, Everyday isn't necessary, ideally I'd like a weekly update... However if you want to do every 10 days or every fortnight that's no problem- (we're not going to base the winner on just the frequency of posts) whatever you feel works best :smile:
Sorry! I'll add you to the list.

And, Everyday isn't necessary, ideally I'd like a weekly update... However if you want to do every 10 days or every fortnight that's no problem- (we're not going to base the winner on just the frequency of posts) whatever you feel works best :smile:

k tanks
Reply 9

Can I join pls?
Reply 10
Original post by Kyx
Can I join pls?

For sure :smile: Set up a thread here
And I'll add you to the competition
Reply 11

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3895993

:smile:
Reply 13
:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

:woo: Woo! I'm in! Blog post one is up!!!
Reply 14
A Macbook Air? :awesome:
Everyone's blogs are so amazing so there's so much competition... :cry2:

Thanks for the tips, @Tank Girl :fluffy:
Wow what a great prize, wish i could do it 😋

Fml mate macbook.. Is that for the person who acheives the best grades or the most improved from last year ?
Reply 17
Original post by GeologyMaths
Fml mate macbook.. Is that for the person who acheives the best grades or the most improved from last year ?

It's for the person with the best blog! We're interested in what grades everyone improves on but the winner could be someone who tried really hard but just didn't quite make it.

The winner will be chosen by the person who meets as much of the criteria listed above :smile:
Reply 18
I didn't even know this was a competition - I was doing it to feel productive :colondollar: Macbook Air!!!:woo:

I hope Zacken or KtA win, they really deserve it :biggrin:
That's a great prize! :colondollar:

Even more motivation to try even harder with my school work so thank you!

Good luck to everyone entering!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending