The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Hell yeah! What do you have to lose?

Last year I decided to opt out of the physics scholarship exam but I was dumped in it because of a clerical error :biggrin:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
You don't apply for the maths scholarships. wel u didnt last year anyway. Everyone is automatically entered. Iv got a scholarship of £1000 a year for being one of the top 15 most qualified (whoop) and my friend got a full scholarship for getting 5 As at A level. You don't find out until maybe a couple of weeks after exam results come out- was such a nice surprise! So basically check the details they've sent you cos last yr u didnt have to apply
flyingpig
Iv got a scholarship of £1000 a year for being one of the top 15 most qualified (whoop) and my friend got a full scholarship for getting 5 As at A level.
What grades did you get? If you don't mind me asking... :smile:
Reply 4
I got A's in 4 A levels
and also a couple of AS's- also A's
flyingpig
I got A's in 4 A levels
and also a couple of AS's- also A's
Wow, that is very good. Did you put soton as your firm initially, i.e. you planned to go to soton in the beginning.
Reply 6
Yes I did, although last year even if you came to southampton with it being your insurance choice or possibly even through clearing (although unlikely) you were still considered for the scholarship. For Home students, anyone achieving 5 A's at A level in distinct subjects were given £3000 a yr and the top 15 most qualified students upon entry were given £1000 a yr. Also i think if you stay on to do a Masters, they give you £1000 in your 4th year.
The scholarships are different for all international (including EU) students
Reply 7
so did i understand correctly....you don't have to apply for scholarships right?
(I'm an EU student)

thanks for your help
bons
so did i understand correctly....you don't have to apply for scholarships right?
(I'm an EU student)

thanks for your help

for the MATHS scholarship no - for any other subject you're best off asking the admissions tutors concerned
Reply 9
its for Sports Studies :s-smilie: ok thanks, i'll check with the tutor :smile:
Reply 10
flyingpig
For Home students, anyone achieving 5 A's at A level in distinct subjects were given £3000 a yr and the top 15 most qualified students upon entry were given £1000 a yr.

I heard that if you got 4 As at A level then you got the maths scholarship! That is what my teacher told me.

Because I'm doing four full A Levels and and I'm predicted 4 As!

Is that true?

I'm not doing any extra AS's though.
Reply 11
icegem100
I heard that if you got 4 As at A level then you got the maths scholarship! That is what my teacher told me.

Because I'm doing four full A Levels and and I'm predicted 4 As!

Is that true?

I'm not doing any extra AS's though.

You do realise this thread is over 2 years old? :p:

You might find these useful:
http://www.soton.ac.uk/maths/admissions/scholarship/scholarships.html
http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/scholarship-uk/mathematics-scholarships/7011/bursary-info.html

Latest

Trending

Trending