The Student Room Group

Immerse Education

Hi Everyone! I am a GCSE student and was searching for a summer camp and found a thing called Immerse Education. They even said that they have scholarships for students all over the world. Even though I find it really expensive but I am thinking of applying for scholarships which I think will be suitable. The scholarships for in-person courses had closed but I think I will do okay with the online ones as well. What do you guys think? Is it a good credit for applying to universities in future?
Or if you have some other summer camp suggestions please let me know!
This is their website if you want to know the detail: https://www.immerse.education
Original post by angel13
Hi Everyone! I am a GCSE student and was searching for a summer camp and found a thing called Immerse Education. They even said that they have scholarships for students all over the world. Even though I find it really expensive but I am thinking of applying for scholarships which I think will be suitable. The scholarships for in-person courses had closed but I think I will do okay with the online ones as well. What do you guys think? Is it a good credit for applying to universities in future?
This is their website if you want to know the detail: https://www.immerse.education

Immerse Education is a well-known organization that offers summer programs for students, including a wide range of subjects such as science, engineering, math, and humanities. They also have a scholarship program that provides financial aid to students who demonstrate financial need or academic merit.

Participating in a summer program like Immerse Education can be a great way to gain valuable knowledge and experience in a specific subject area. It can also be a valuable addition to your university applications, as it demonstrates that you have a passion for the subject and are motivated to pursue it in a more intensive setting. It can also be a great opportunity to meet other students from all over the world, make new friends, and even improve your language skills.

That said, it is a good idea to also look for other summer camp options and compare the costs, curriculum and scholarships. Some other reputable organizations that offer summer programs include:

Oxford Royale Academy
Cambridge Immerse
Global Young Leaders Conference
EF International Academy
Aspire-Canada

When it comes to online course, it may be a good option for you. It will be different than in-person summer programs but still has many benefits, including flexibility, access to a wide range of courses, and the ability to learn from anywhere in the world.

It's ultimately up to you to decide whether the benefits of Immerse Education program, or any other program, outweigh the costs and the value it will bring to your future academic and career aspirations. I would recommend doing thorough research and speaking with teachers, guidance counselors or other educational professionals to help you make a decision.
Original post by angel13

Yes, it is worthy.
I just came back from one of Immerse's programs with a scholarship (BTW, the in-person aren't closed yet, they are having the essay competition) and it was an amazing experience.
As for college credit, it will make your application stand out, I recommend you try to study something close to the subject you want to take in college. Besides the fact that they instruct you in applying to Oxbridge colleges and your mentors and tutors will be students or graduates, so you can always ask them.
The experience will help you understand more about the world and yourself, it's simply magical. The classes are really helpful and the tutors are available for questions.
So, If you are able to pay, try applying for the essay competition and enjoy the experience!
Hello. I hope you are well!
Immerse Education aims to provide students aged between 13 and 18 with educational experiences of the highest calibre. There are more than 20 summer academic programmes, based at Oxford University, Cambridge University, University College London or Sydney University, as well as New York City, San Francisco and Toronto. You can also take the courses remotely, gaining access to teaching by world-class academics from Oxford, Cambridge and Ivy League institutions.
Through the Immerse Education Essay Competition and Immerse Education Blog Competition, you have the opportunity to submit answers to a question of your choice related to a topic of interest. There are over twenty questions to choose from and 10 winners receive a 100 per cent scholarship to study at one of these world-renowned universities of their choice. There are also partial scholarships.
As a student and scholarship holder on one of the Immerse programmes, this is an excellent opportunity to learn a great deal as it supports your personal development and allows you to gain new perspectives on your subject of interest. Through relationships with tutors and other students, you can give light to your own ideas, be curious and polish your knowledge - often similar to the blank canvases that intimidate and frighten us, but which stimulate us to make our stories remembered.
Best wishes!

Quick Reply

Latest