The Student Room Group

Cardiff Sixth Form College

Hi everyone, I'm currently in yr 11 and want to apply to CSFC this year. Anyone who's been there or who is currently a student please reply to this message asap - I don't expect a lot of responses but hopefully somebody will reply.. thanks
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Jude Maverick
Hi everyone, I'm currently in yr 11 and want to apply to CSFC this year. Anyone who's been there or who is currently a student please reply to this message asap - I don't expect a lot of responses but hopefully somebody will reply.. thanks

Hi what do you want to know? I visited but then chose to stay in my sixth form, but this is what I gathered:

Very focused on academic excellence

Long school days (like 8-5 or something) then got homework and extracurriculars on top

Pretty nice place

one of top UK schools

Mix western and eastern teaching styles

Do WJEC exam board

Overall seems like a very good school but you’d have to be prepared for a lot of effort and hard work..
Reply 2
Thanks for the prompt reply! Would you mind giving me a quick overview of the admissions process, if that is something you can talk about?
Reply 3
Thanks for the prompt reply! Would you mind giving me a quick overview of the admissions process, if that is something you can talk about?

I didn’t end up applying in the end but I’m fairly certain you take an exam in Easter holidays (based on your most confident subject you wanna take for a level), if you do well you also get an interview. There’s definitely more to it but I remember those are some steps, at least if you’re trying for the scholarship. You also have to fill in a big form on their website
Reply 4

got accepted to sixth form, but based on what my friend told me, for year 11, you would have to do a maths test and an English test that is similar to the igcse exam. There's also a logical reasoning which might be a bit difficult ( to me at least). For year 12 (me next year), I sat for four exams, did the logical reasoning as well, and spent six hours counting a thirty-minute break. ☹️
Reply 5
Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions. I applied a few years ago and know many CSFC people.
Reply 6

Hi! I’m currently studying at CSFC! Please DM me if you have any questions, and I will do my best to answer xx I’m a local, scholarship student. So I can’t give advice on boarding, but hopefully I can help answer anything else :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending