The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
don't count down..itll go slower!!!

anyone else finding all their mates are going off mid september!! gonna be lonely times befoer october!
Reply 441
Most of my friends leave earlier except my bf (thank god!) who goes on the same day as us. ARGH! Apprehensive or what! I'm going on holiday on thursday too so I hope I dont miss any important information.
Reply 442
Hey guys, I'm not going to Portsmouth but my gf is (aka Kirbz)

Dont any of you filthy portsmouth guys lead her astray from the innocent path she has always walked.... Or I'll kill ya!

:tongue:
Reply 443
Innocent path? Me?? :wink:
Reply 444
By the way, has anyone at Pompey had a reading list?
Reply 445
Ive not had a reading list, but then again i never had one last year either. Or at any point during the year!

Quite a lot of ppl start uni the week before though
well i have finally got back from portsmouth!! how many times can one family get lost and argue with each in one day?! it was ridiculous..

but i am sooooo looking forward to october now - i was before but i am even more now :smile: luckily i'll be going down on the train on friday 1st so i cant really get lost - and i cant be almost killed by bloody lorry drivers texting each other on the severn bridge! grrrr...

anyway, it was fun today. i went to show my parents james watson first and then we did a bit of shopping! and someone put soap in the fountain in town, lol - and a big huge wind came and blew all the bubbles onto me - i was a big foamy bubble-monster!! :frown: and then we walked to the beach and all along the front - how many times did i fall over on that beach - stupid bloody pebbles!

ooh, i had a reeeeeeeally good day today - i cant wait now!!!!

Reply 447
Did you see all the kites?
Reply 448
kirbz
By the way, has anyone at Pompey had a reading list?

Yep - I have! I've got to read one of the books before I start and I've also got to draw a pretty picture of a building which "inspires" me...

Inspiring buildings in Wolverhampton. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... :tongue:
LemonLime
Did you see all the kites?

i sure did - kites are kinda boring to me though!

Reply 450
LemonLime
who has gone? i bet one is SciFi25! lol new sig just for him and he wont see it for ages!

I see it now I am back, thank you!! I feel loved!!! lol!

sparkler
he is one of them, yes! lol

nevermind, he'll have a crappy time cause its all flooded down there! :tongue:

and the other one thats gone is cjames40 - but he's gone to leeds festival actually

:smile:

I actually had a great time! It was soooooo cool! So what about the mud? I had wellies!! cjames40 did go to leeds but apparently he had a good time (we exchanged a few texts.). Just incase he reads this, you were right, Thrice were amazing!!

sparkler
i've been to ikea today to buy lots of pink pretty stuff for my room :smile:

and did anyone else get the 'essential enrollment information' letter today?? its got the campus card form in it and you have to stick a passport photo to it! my photo is the roughest photo ever taken of me! and its gotta last the 4 years of my course! noooo! :eek:

oh well, tum te tum...

Got back and opened my letter. Mmmmm. I will have to get lots of passport pictures done!! Yay!! So as to stop you all clamouring to find out what it looks like I will try to scan it in when i get it and post it here.

Sparkler, I am sure it will not be as bad as mine! Trust me, the one i have on my 5 year student train card from HSBC is absolutely appaling!! I look more like a convict than I usually do!! :tongue:
Reply 451
Yeh people are gunna be bk typing away! :biggrin: Not long now and i have somewhere to live! yeah! :tongue:
Reply 452
LemonLime
Yeh people are gunna be bk typing away! :biggrin: Not long now and i have somewhere to live! yeah! :tongue:

Yay! Glad you are not homeless!! :tongue:
Reply 453
Im bored someone entertain me :biggrin:

Any interesting freshers post from uni? Ive got bugger all apart from my progression letter :frown:
Reply 454
LemonLime

Any interesting freshers post from uni? Ive got bugger all apart from my progression letter :frown:

I've got a tonne of forms to fill in, but I don't want to because they all want photographs and I'm not the slightest bit photogenic :redface:
Reply 455
pradster
I've got a tonne of forms to fill in, but I don't want to because they all want photographs and I'm not the slightest bit photogenic :redface:

lol is anyone?! lol i had to have 32 pics taken before i liked any of them! Thankfully i used quite a few with yearbook and passport etc.
LemonLime

im bored too - ive had 3 sleeps today cause i got nothing else to do! plus i think all the super-windiness yesterday in portsmouth really got to me - i hope its not like that all the time, i'll always be sleeping!! :rolleyes:

oooh, 4 weeks and 5 days left now!! and im on holiday next week so thats kind of like one week less again..

me and my mother are going down on the friday afternoon and staying in the hotel across the road from james watson, so i wont have to endure a 4 hour train journey on the morning of moving in :smile: then my mother will be leaving saturday afternoon and coming back on sunday with my dad and the rest of my stuff (clothes, tv, etc - cause we really wont be able to carry everything of mine on the train). im only writing this cause we've had so many different plans on how i'm going down to portsmouth that i cant remember which one we're using now, lol

oooh, you know, this place had better be good cause i'm getting so excited for it now :tongue:
Reply 457
sparkler

me and my mother are going down on the friday afternoon and staying in the hotel across the road from james watson, so i wont have to endure a 4 hour train journey on the morning of moving in :smile: then my mother will be leaving saturday afternoon and coming back on sunday with my dad and the rest of my stuff (clothes, tv, etc - cause we really wont be able to carry everything of mine on the train). im only writing this cause we've had so many different plans on how i'm going down to portsmouth that i cant remember which one we're using now, lol

oooh, you know, this place had better be good cause i'm getting so excited for it now :tongue:

hehe are you coming on the wessex/alphaline/the sometimes running trains?
Portsmouth will be fab and ull love it! :biggrin:
umm...

all i know is it's the train that goes straight from cardiff to portsmouth. are they crappy trains then?? i've only used it once back in february

Reply 459
sparkler
umm...

all i know is it's the train that goes straight from cardiff to portsmouth. are they crappy trains then?? i've only used it once back in february

Its the same train i get home and back. Are you getting on at Cardiff? Have you got seats booked? They can be very annoying trains cos at some points in the day they can get sooo packed with only two coaches.

Latest

Trending

Trending