The Student Room Group

hOW ****ing SCrewed am i from 1 to 10??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cherry82
Hey :smile:
OP hope you don't mind me asking but is there any particular reason to why you hadn't started the piece? Were you finding the work difficult or challenging in any way? Here's something I do, actually currently I'm kind of in a similar position to you in terms of meeting deadlines and work load. So I have 12 essays due to tomorrow well today and I haven't even started or began one essay but I've realised whenever I have a challenging task, or big task I tend to procrastinate and I'm a bit of a perfectionist...especially when it comes to course so sometimes I run from the tasks I find challenging. Then at the very last minute I realise time is up so it's then I am forced to do it. If this is you in any form, I suggest you speak to your teacher about it so they can help you overcome this.

For English lit, a similar thing happened and I ended up explaining to my teacher the problem. Not only did she gave me more time but I was allowed to hand it in in small chunks rather than everything together. If distractions is the problem, try doing your work in the school library or any library you would be comfortable enough to focus in. Don't worry and panic so much my dear. Luckily the deadlines teachers set in school aren't the actual deadlines given by exam boards. Though it is good to meet the deadlines your school gives because it may need to be moderated/marked but most importantly it allows you to focus on your exams, it's not too late to start. Just communicate with your teacher if there are or were any problems :wink:

I just feel so down and useless that I can't even get out of bed yet alone start doing work. Yes the overwhelming feeling of having to complete such a massive task probably hasn't helped and I really should talk to my teacher about it :frown: I just feel she's been so kind already that I can't possible face her with nothing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chikane
God help you if you are planning to go to university because you won't be getting extensions off your module leaders without good reason and can't be bothered is not a good reason. You need to get your act together as you won't be spoonfed at uni that is if you are going.
If you spend less time on here you can still do it but don't take your teachers kindness for granted.

I know I know 😢 I do have a medical reason (kind of) and my therapist and doctor have emailed the school and everyone has been kind about it but it's not to excuse me from work...

I don't know how I will deal with unii actually I just wish everything would go away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Your spelling in the title certainly has you screwed.

I would do your coursework, however I am a GCSE biology student, and I hate it. So good luck, but you are screwed
Original post by curiousduck
I know I know 😢 I do have a medical reason (kind of) and my therapist and doctor have emailed the school and everyone has been kind about it but it's not to excuse me from work...

I don't know how I will deal with unii actually I just wish everything would go away

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bless you :hugs: at uni if you fill in a extenuating circumstance form and provide proof from the gp you can get an extension but they will first have to approve it.
Uni is so much different to school you have to manage your own time and regularly meet deadlines and you won't have module leaders chasing after you to get your work in if you don't you'll get zero and will likely have to retake capped at 40% which you don't want.
Have you done your coursework?
Original post by Anon_98
Guys, what on earth?! Someone is struggling here and all you can do is make inappropriate comments?

OP, why don't we study together? Me and you rn? I will be right here with you and you should report back to me every 20 mins to tell me how much you have progressed with your coursework and I'll do the same. It might help/motivate you? :hugs: Otherwise, I really hope you get this done soon. I believe you can do it, just make a start and I promise you'll feel so much better. :five:

This is such a lovely comment.. Anon ftw
Reply 45
a million.

I had Biology coursework due 22 minutes ago and I havent even started it. To make things worse, this coursework was due 3 ****ING WEEKS AGO. My teacher kindly gave me a week extension and when i couldnt do it then she gave me the rest of the week and the half term and I STILL HAVENT ****ING STARTED. i dont know what to do. i feel like dying. can someone kill me i will pay you £278 its all i have. thanks.

OMG this is me and english language tbh
Original post by chikane
Bless you :hugs: at uni if you fill in a extenuating circumstance form and provide proof from the gp you can get an extension but they will first have to approve it.
Uni is so much different to school you have to manage your own time and regularly meet deadlines and you won't have module leaders chasing after you to get your work in if you don't you'll get zero and will likely have to retake capped at 40% which you don't want.
Have you done your coursework?

Yeah I have extenuating circumstances but it only increases my mark by 5% which is like nothing :lol:

and my therapist is going to email my teacher and explain everything (why etc) and he said he would like go through it with me in manageable chunks and not to worry about it :smile: so I have to wait to hear back from that and in the mean while I was told to just focus on my mock!
Original post by Student403
This is such a lovely comment.. Anon ftw

Awh- thank you, 403! 'Prsom'. :redface: <3
chronic procrastinator just like me
Well now you've learnt an important life lesson to not leave all yer hwork till last minute
30% and its on how light affects the abudance on bramble (i have the results and experiment etc)

:wtf: is bramble? *thinking cap ON*

Spoiler

Yeah I have extenuating circumstances but it only increases my mark by 5% which is like nothing :lol:

and my therapist is going to email my teacher and explain everything (why etc) and he said he would like go through it with me in manageable chunks and not to worry about it :smile: so I have to wait to hear back from that and in the mean while I was told to just focus on my mock!

Aw glad to know things are now working out <3
Sorry to hear that.
I always leave things to the last minute, so I know how you feel. Sometimes you just have to take whatever comes.
Chin up.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
:wtf: is bramble? *thinking cap ON*

Spoiler

its a type of plant :lol: Its the plant that blackberries grow off :h:

Original post by Cherry82
Aw glad to know things are now working out <3

thank you :hugs:
most people had about 30 pages

whats the pedigree?

our outline plan is;