The Student Room Group

A-Level Options!

Hey everyone!
I am not yet at A-levels, however I have picked 4 subjects which are:
Maths, Physics, Psychology and R.M(resistant materials).
I am not fond of Psychology and apparently, there is alot of coursework.
My English is not the best, however I am told that I structure my long writings well.
Anyways, I want to change my options to Maths, Physics, Chemistry and R.M however some people are saying it will be to hard (things are changing), however I would drop Chemistry after the first year.
Please Leave your views!
Thanks! :smile:
If you want to do chemistry I'd say its worth doing, however it is one of the new A levels, starting for the current year 12s (my year). This means that you have to take all of your exams of the end of the two years, some schools/ colleges like mine let you sit the AS and just take the same exams again at the end of year 13 but you need to check with your school/ college as you may not be able to drop it at the end of year 12 and get anything out of it. I like chemistry and I don't think the new specification will be as much of an issue for your year group as it was ours as your teachers will have this years paper to judge it from, where we have nothing.

I don't personally do psychology but I have friends who do and love it but if you don't really like it then it might not be the best option as there is loads of case studies and things you need to remember and this could become boring if you don't like it.

I'm doing maths and further maths and I love it, the maths will also help you with physics. I was doing maths and physics at the start of the year but I decided to drop physics due to rubbish teachers and me finding it boring (but that it just my opinion).

Good luck with choosing your options and your GCSEs!

Quick Reply

Latest