The Student Room Group

Why is "SJW" used as a derogatory term?

Surely being an "SJW" is a good thing.
For those who didnt know what a SJW was like me :biggrin: urban dict says:

"Social Justice Warrior. A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of"

Now to answer OP, I think its that they aren't always genuine (according to the definition) which is really bad if you think about it. They're PRETENDING to be good and achieving so called social justice which is just a bit silly isnt it? :s-smilie: (again Im basing this all on the above definition)
Reply 2
As I understand it, SJWs are individuals who engage in social commentary in a superficial way and are usually pretty ignorant with regards to the topic they're discussing.
Because nobody likes a ****wit.
their cucks
because websites like geekfeminism and tumblr are associated with social justice warriors
They're unbearable, weak-minded, annoying, etc.
No i believe that you should leave some one to do what they want and not be criticized

Quick Reply

Latest