The Student Room Group

I have Borderline Personality Disorder but I'm ashamed. (+AMA)

Scroll to see replies

I have recently been diagnosed with BPD, I have never spoke about it to anyone apart from my partner before and my counsellor advised me to write how I am feeling between sessions down. Even though nobody knows, I wanted people to see it and be able to read in incase they could relate and/or wanted to talk to someone going through the same thing. So I decided to make a blog... if anyone wants to read it you can find it here http://canibebeokay.blogspot.co.uk
I have it! Horrible thing to live with :frown:
I'm doing DBT skills at min.
Original post by Anonymous
I have it! Horrible thing to live with :frown:
I'm doing DBT skills at min.

Did you get diagnosed by a psychologist? How much do you have to pay each session?
Hi it's Nhs, and yes diagnosed by a phyciatric doctor.
Lived with it all my life, but finally they hit the nail on the head.
I'm borderline as well, and it's one of the worst mental disorders. At least bipolar seems a bit cooler, borderline just seem unstable.

Nice if you have friends or lovers, everyone hates me in my family.
Original post by emma_aussie
I'm borderline as well, and it's one of the worst mental disorders. At least bipolar seems a bit cooler, borderline just seem unstable.

Bipolar is cooler????

No mental health condition is 'cool'. It is not cooler to have one over the other. Having a mental health condition is not a fashion statement.

Yes, it is an absolute shame that people like us with PDs are stigmatised due to misconceptions, but we have to educate. Yes, sometimes I wish I didn't have what I have because of the stigma and perhaps having other mh conditions would mean a solution is perhaps easier to secure. But I don't think any of them are cooler than another.
you misunderstand, but hey, you know what I mean
Original post by bullettheory
Bipolar is cooler????

More understood yes. Every second celeb seems to have a melt down and it's "bipolar". Borderline personality disorder is associated with that film Girl Interrupted
:hmmmm: the date in OP says 1970?
More understood yes. Every second celeb seems to have a melt down and it's "bipolar". Borderline personality disorder is associated with that film Girl Interrupted

Mmm. I do agree that the large majority of people view Bipolar as something that it is not.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you go out with someone who has BPD ? It bothers me from a relationship perspective, like I'm expecting that person to take on way too much.

If you were a nice person then yes I would go out with you. I struggle with severe depression at times, so could understand the fear of being too much to handle.This may sound harsh, but I honestly would also expect you to do everything you could to help yourself. Would you be taking any medication you were prescribed? Would you continue going to therapy even though it got hard? If those were both yes then I would have no problem. xDD
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest