The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Firm QMUL or Uni of Southampton

Scroll to see replies

Have an unconditional offer from Roehampton for English and History and an offer from Goldsmiths for the same thing I wanna go QM for Comparative literature but I can't do History with it because I didn't do it at A level
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by wdkmwd
Computer science.

I am transferring away from Southampton because for starters, the location of the campus is in a disgusting second-rate sh*thole, infested with unambitious people, the lecture theatres and the accommodations are dreadful and expensive, even for someone of my wealth bracket. The lecturers are a joke, they NEVER reply to student enquiry emails, and the rare occasion where they do, you'll have to wait for at-least a fortnight for a decent reply. And finally my department is so low down the student rankings i might as well just drop out and become a carpenter. Thank heavens my academic achievements allowed me to transfer from one of the worst computer science departments in the UK to one of the best computer science departments in the UK.

You mean 'QMUL'. You should probably edit this post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oilfreak1
You don't need me to embarrass you, you're doing fine yourself.

Lol, the inconsistency is so real.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelbemah
Have an unconditional offer from Roehampton for English and History and an offer from Goldsmiths for the same thing I wanna go QM for Comparative literature but I can't do History with it because I didn't do it at A level

Personally would say QM is your best bet, although I don't see much between QM and Goldsmiths, so probably choose which ever ones course content/facilities/faculty you prefer between Goldsmiths and QM it is literally just you're own personal preference.

I'm saying this as an engineer whose doing a masters in finance, and hasn't studied in either. I have very little authority on the topic, i'll try and contact "my guy" but take the info I've given you with a grain of salt as it stands.

edit: open to being corrected by anyone who knows about either of the english depts.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have to prove my credentials to trolls on the internet but continuous scrutiny will make me do so if I'm being accused of being a Liar by pions.
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

He PMd me about his parents "private investment banking company", he's the gift that keeps on giving :biggrin:.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd pick Soton:smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Oilfreak1
He PMd me about his parents "private investment banking company", he's the gift that keeps on giving :biggrin:.

Why didn't you mention the part where i proved my offers to you, even though you called me a liar.
Original post by wdkmwd
Why didn't you mention the part where i proved my offers to you, even though you called me a liar.

because I didn't call you out on your offers in this thread, I called you out on your lies about what you've been doing this year, when you provide me with proof you currently study at QM i'll post it.
Reply 29
Original post by LoveSandu
I'd pick Soton:smile:

is there any particular reason?:smile:
Original post by BlckPlath
is there any particular reason?:smile:

The location is the primary reason. QM is located in not so nice Mile End while Soton is located in Highfield which is greener and calmer, so you could have a better student experience there.
Reply 31
I had the same problem as you, but after visiting the applicant day at SOTON, I firmed my choice at Q.Mary, just firm whichever uni speaks to you, as cliche as that sounds, remember it's the course and whether or not you can spend three years of you life there! :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Gin44
I had the same problem as you, but after visiting the applicant day at SOTON, I firmed my choice at Q.Mary, just firm whichever uni speaks to you, as cliche as that sounds, remember it's the course and whether or not you can spend three years of you life there! :smile:
That's very true. What did you apply for?
Reply 33
Original post by BlckPlath
That's very true. What did you apply for?

I applied for BA English, and pretty excited :'), already sent in my application for residence, so fingers crossed, I really want a room haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending