The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Degree classification Uni Westminster

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I achieved 64% in my second year overall. What overall % do I need in my final year to obtain a first class degree?
(edited 5 years ago)
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
How did you calculate your overall grade?
Original post by sammy.tatter
Hi, I achieved 64% in my second year overall. What overall % do I need in my final year to obtain a first class degree?

Hi there

I would advise you go to your registry office so they can help you calculate what you need to achieve in your final year to get a first class honours. I do know that the majority of your 3rd year modules count towards your final degree classification which is good. If you're currently on 64% you will need to pass at least 3 modules with over 70% plus another 3 modules around the 67-69% mark each.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 63
Hi Kim, If my average grade for second year was 74.6, what will i need in my third year to graduate with a first?

Also is you worst grade from 2nd and 3rd year dropped or just the worst grade overall for those two years?
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi there

The average grade for your third year would have to be above 70%. The worst mark of a 20 credit module is discounted at either level 5 or level 6 that gives the best outcome for you.

Best of luck with your studies.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:
Original post by inahh
Hi Kim, If my average grade for second year was 74.6, what will i need in my third year to graduate with a first?

Also is you worst grade from 2nd and 3rd year dropped or just the worst grade overall for those two years?
Original post by Uni of Westminster
Hi there

The average grade for your third year would have to be above 70%. The worst mark of a 20 credit module is discounted at either level 5 or level 6 that gives the best outcome for you.

Best of luck with your studies.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:

Hey Kim,

With the current pandemic they will remove 20 credits from both level 5 and 6.

Is the grading system still the same for 2021

To achieve 2:1
2nd year 50%
3rd year 60%

Or is it 40% of 2nd year and 60 of 3rd year ?

Thank you xx
Original post by Anonymous
Hey Kim,

With the current pandemic they will remove 20 credits from both level 5 and 6.

Is the grading system still the same for 2021

To achieve 2:1
2nd year 50%
3rd year 60%

Or is it 40% of 2nd year and 60 of 3rd year ?

Thank you xx

Hi there,

With the first year of the course not counting towards the final grade. The 2nd year of the course makes up 1/3 of the degree (which would be 40%). The third year makes up for the remaining 2/3 of the degree (60%)

In order to achieve a 2:1 overall, ideally you would have accumulate an average score of 2:1 for both years. The indicator score will be derived from the best 220 credits at Levels 5 and 6, i.e. the module with the lowest mark, whether it be at Level 5 or Level 6, will be disregarded.

However, say for example your 2nd year is made up of individual assignments mostly graded at 2:2, you would then need to ensure that the majority of your 3rd year assignments are made up of 2:1 grades to bring the overall average up to a 2:1 overall.

All the best,

James
Course Enquiries Team
Hello. For my second year Ive got 61%. Should I get 70% to obtain 1.1 degree? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending