The Student Room Group

Can I get a 2:1 for my overall degree grade?

Hello,

I was wondering if it is slightly possible to get a 2:1 or even a high 2:2 with my grades. I have taken 2 modules for referral/deferral assignments (1 module assignment worth 50% of the grade and another module assignment worth 100% of the grade) for third year in the summer period where marks will not be capped. I have put an estimate as to what grade I can possibly get. They will be in brackets.

As I study in uni of westminster, “the lowest module will be dropped, whether at level 5 or 6. Two modules with the lowest joint module mark in levels 5/6, the level 6 module will be dropped”.

Second year: 49,47,47,43,41,40
Third year: 57,53,60,(65),(78),41

According to the uni classifications, second year is worth 33% and third year is worth 66%

Can you please help me calculate my overall grade and figure out exactly what grades I will need from the two modules I have retaken for a 2:1 overall degree or a high 2:2. Thank you :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
I removed the 40 mark from the second year since that's the lowest module. From your estimations, you got 54.46% which is a mid 2:2. I don't know what the leniency for grade boundary rounding is for your Uni, so I'm gonna assume you'll need 60% on the dot for a 2:1. You'll probably need a combined total of 193 marks for both of those modules you're retaking. So for example, 93 and a 100. Or 95 and 98.
Reply 2
Okay, thank you for your calculations. So this means it’s impossible in my situation to get a 2:1 as obtaining a 95 and 98 on both modules is impossible :frown: However, I am able to obtain a mid 2:2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending