The Student Room Group

Impact of failing a module in 2nd year - on masters/job applications?

I failed an exam (stupid error that I won't ever forgive myself for - missed upload). I'm in my second year and considering this will probably be my worst module, it won't count towards my final classification and grade. However it will show on my transcript.
Is there any way to make up for it?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I failed an exam (stupid error that I won't ever forgive myself for - missed upload). I'm in my second year and considering this will probably be my worst module, it won't count towards my final classification and grade. However it will show on my transcript.
Is there any way to make up for it?

Hello! As far as I'm aware normally employers would ask for your degree certificate (rather than the full transcript) so as long as you've passed everything else successfully and get your degree I don't think this would weigh too heavily. This might be different depending on the industry you're working in though. Similar to Masters applications - normally the main focus would be your overall degree classification, although you may be asked to input individual module scores.

If it's only one class and overall your degree classification is good then I think you shouldn't worry too much about it, but you could maybe reach out to your tutors or careers team at your uni to see if they can give any advice 🙂

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending