The Student Room Group

University Classification

Students whose final weighted average falls within 2% below the borderline between two classes of Honours and who have obtained marks in the higher classification in modules totalling at least 120 credits in value at Levels 5 and 6 (Years 2 and 3), will automatically be awarded the higher classification

This is written in the marking and regulation guide for my University.

However, if someone could help me clear my confusion. From the above statement, does this mean that i will only be awarded higher classification if my final weighted degree falls within the 2% borderline and i must also have a modules totalling 120 credits within 2 % aswell.

Or

It could be like, If my final weighted degree falls within the 2% borderline but i do not have modules totaling 120 credits with higher classification falls within 2% below the borderline between two classes of Honours. Would i still be awarded the higher degree classification if only my final weighted degree falls with the 2% borderline?

Your reasoning in this matter will be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Gracejohn867
Students whose final weighted average falls within 2% below the borderline between two classes of Honours and who have obtained marks in the higher classification in modules totalling at least 120 credits in value at Levels 5 and 6 (Years 2 and 3), will automatically be awarded the higher classification

This is written in the marking and regulation guide for my University.

However, if someone could help me clear my confusion. From the above statement, does this mean that i will only be awarded higher classification if my final weighted degree falls within the 2% borderline and i must also have a modules totalling 120 credits within 2 % aswell.

Or

It could be like, If my final weighted degree falls within the 2% borderline but i do not have modules totaling 120 credits with higher classification falls within 2% below the borderline between two classes of Honours. Would i still be awarded the higher degree classification if only my final weighted degree falls with the 2% borderline?

Your reasoning in this matter will be much appreciated.

I read it that if, say, you got 58.5% but 120 credits were over 60% you would get a 2i.
Original post by Muttley79
I read it that if, say, you got 58.5% but 120 credits were over 60% you would get a 2i.

Yes, that's how I read it. IE. The 120 credits are not subject to the 2% leeway.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79

So i need to have final weighted degree and 120 credits both must fall within the 2% borderline in order to be awarded the higher classification.

Kind regards
Reply 4
Original post by Gracejohn867
So i need to have final weighted degree and 120 credits both must fall within the 2% borderline in order to be awarded the higher classification.

Kind regards

No, the 120 credits must be 60 or over [no 2% allowance] in my example
Reply 5
I'd check with your uni. Universities do have different grading systems.
It's absolutely clear, as laid out in post #5.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending