The Student Room Group

Is it worth retaking one alevel while in first year uni?

So i have been thinking about this for a while and i was wondering if i should retake biology since i got an E but did really well in my other two A-levels. I have only been contemplating this since i'm aware i can get at least a c or b but due to the circumstances i did not:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by lollsjsjsisjdbd
So i have been thinking about this for a while and i was wondering if i should retake biology since i got an E but did really well in my other two A-levels. I have only been contemplating this since i'm aware i can get at least a c or b but due to the circumstances i did not:frown:

A levels are just a stepping stone. Enjoy uni and don’t resit your Alevel would be my advice!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Honestly; if you're in uni and pass your degree and don't plan on teaching Biology as a career or something else where a really high A level Biology grade is going to be needed, its probably best to just focus on enjoying your first year at uni and putting the work in to get the best degree classification possible at the end. 99% of employers only care about your highest qualification anyway, so probably won't be too annoyed by one blip in what sounds like an otherwise great set of A Level grades and alongside a university degree. In my opinion, you're best saving your time and sanity!
Reply 3
Original post by lollsjsjsisjdbd

I wouldn't bother - your degree classification is far more important.
Thanks for the advice everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest