The Student Room Group

Primary school teacher fired after twerking video goes viral

This is insane!
Why would they fire her? What does something she did during her own personal free time have to do with her teaching ability?
It's ridiculous and she's right. The school should get with the times. It's the 21st century.

The video:
[video="youtube_share;vR7Bm1iy860"]http://youtu.be/vR7Bm1iy860[/video]

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/31319213/teacher-fired-after-twerking-bikini-video-goes-viral/
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a56616/elementary-school-teacher-spring-break-twerking-fired/
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

wow
they backed her ass up & out of school, while she backed it up for the mandem :frown:
I wonder if she does any private tutoring....
MY FAV PART IS 0:13
face in the titties eyyy

[video]http://imgur.com/EgIaOp8[/video]

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by alkaline.
they backed her ass up & out of school, while she backed it up for the mandem :frown:

:rofl:
Reply 6
:perv:
I don’t agree in this day and age with any professional affiliation dictating what you do in your private life. But if they want teachers to act with professional decorum they need to pay them a professional salary.
I can see that parents might be concerned, but I'm surprised that anyone recognised her. I don't think she should have been fired, somewhat of an overreaction.
Reply 9
Hardly a sackable offence how can they justify this?
It's absolutely ridiculous that she was fired and a sad sign that puritanism is still live and well in our culture.
Well done!

It is the current century.

Posted from TSR Mobile
this athletic teacher could tick all of these boxes:

PE2/1.1 Sport & Games

PE2/1.1a use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination

PE2/1.1b play competitive games, modified where appropriate, and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending

PE2/1.1c develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance

PE2/1.1d perform dances using a range of movement patterns

PE2/1.1e take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team

PE2/1.1f compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.

the highlighted ones show especially high attainment :yep:

:captain:
(edited 8 years ago)
Dear headmaster,
during an extensive recent search of youtube for 'sexy blonde bikini twerking' I happened to recognise one of your teachers.

etc. etc.

yours hypocritically

a concerned youtube viewer
Original post by KingBradly
It's absolutely ridiculous that she was fired and a sad sign that puritanism is still live and well in our culture.

Well it was in Mexico, so probably someone else's culture tbh (unless you're Mexican)
No, I agree with the firing. I don't care that it was in her own time - it was still very unprofessional behaviour that is not what one would expect from a primary school teacher. How on Earth is the profession ever going to be respected if teachers are doing that?
Original post by littlenorthernlass
No, I agree with the firing. I don't care that it was in her own time - it was still very unprofessional behaviour that is not what one would expect from a primary school teacher. How on Earth is the profession ever going to be respected if teachers are doing that?

How on earth is it ever going to attract deeply needed minds for subjects such s maths/physics when you can go into more rewarding professions where you are also less of a serf? My GCSE German teacher went pole dancing... should she have been sacked if it had been videoed? I can't work out why someone who wants to be a teacher is fine with the notion that you must always be switched on and society and the government get to decide what "switched on" mean for you.

------------------------------

It's this notion that you need to be "respectable" which often includes crap I don't want to be respected for that makes me want to stay the hell away from teaching. It's not like anyone was being harmed in that video. The only legit reason I can think of firing who is if that kind of behaviour somehow compromises her ability to teach young children and I'm not sure it does. It's really puritanical. Especially when you consider how something such as religion that infected primary schooling has essentially acted like child abuse at times and doesn't exactly paint a good picture of how women should be treated.
(edited 8 years ago)
one could not imagine these ladies being caught out like that:

its because schools need to uphold their reputations and images and if a parents saw the tutor of a school behaving like this, it would leave them to think the school are hiring unprofessional people
Original post by the bear
one could not imagine these ladies being caught out like that:

I can imagine them scarring children though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending