The Student Room Group

I HATE grime music

Scroll to see replies

I just found this ancient thread and wondering if 'skunkboy' still listens to his turd music and acts like Ali G? What a CLINT 😂
It has basically undone a lot of the good work that UK Garage had done in integrating different racial groups together and just turned BAME in to a parody of themselves. Utterly degenerate and Stormzy is a talentless baboon.
Original post by splashywill
I really don't understand why so many UK teens are following this grime culture. The music is genuinely unpleasant to listen to and it promotes really chavy behaviour like taking drugs wearing a tracksuit... Anyone else think the same?

To have an opinion on music fine however to judge people who listen to it just seems very insensitive and judgemental. Rates of drug use are the same across social classes, cocaine is actually referred to as the drug of the middle class. Grime and drill are popular at the moment in the mainstream because they use catchy lyrics and beats as well as promoting wealth and success which people are drawn towards, the kind of lifestyle people represented is grime is also more relatable to the working class and the working class make up a large amount of the UK population but also middle class teenagers listen to it because it's seen as cool and they like to associate with what is very much black culture, the same thing happens in the US with hip-hop, because people who are dissatisfied with life like to associate with what softly goes against the status quo.

Quick Reply

Latest