The Student Room Group

Just after each exam

Am I the only one that as soon as the examiner says stop writing becomes suddenly nervous that I have missed a question out and then has to check though the whole paper to make sure. And then panics that they haven't filled in the front correctly or completed all of the instructions ... like rule under each question or written which questions you have done when using the booklets for multiple exams. Anyone???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol. I think that happens to most people!

I always worry that I haven't attached extra paper properly.
And I always go through the papers looking at the numbers making sure they are in order so that i haven't missed anything.
That happens to me too.
I'm meticullous about that too but hey, we're only humans.
I usually count up the number of marks I'm confident I will get towards the end of the exam, just to make me feel a bit better after the exam. Obviously I couldn't do this in my English exams :wink:
Reply 4
Car Expert
I usually count up the number of marks I'm confident I will get towards the end of the exam, just to make me feel a bit better after the exam. Obviously I couldn't do this in my English exams :wink:

Im terrible for doing that with Maths and Science exams. Ones im not sure about i just give myself one or two anyway because of the working :P.
Car Expert

i do that (Y) but i feel im always a bit generous lol
Reply 6
I finish way too early and just sit there.. I should really stop doing that.
Reply 7
Lol.
I do that, except I take too many marks of.
Like if i wasn't sure about the question, I just take all the marks off, even for the working.
And then i get stressed lol.
lol, i only think i remembered to rule under answers in the generic answer book for one exam lol. tbh, i dont think that particular rule matters because it is marked by humans...
Reply 9
Car Expert

Yeh, I do that, or in maths I'll count marks i'll surely get for working even if the answer's miles out.

In the year 9 sats, I beat someone in my science sat by 5 marks, because she hadn't done the questions on the back of the paper. Oh I laughed so hard.
Hmm, not sure. I spent the last part of my maths exam working out what percentages of marks I needed overall in each subject with my coursework as it stands. Then I did 1+1=; Ans+1======================== over and over.

Checked through the paper once or twice beforehand obviously.

The I sat and listened to the invigilator telling someone else sitting the exam that our maths teacher should be sacked because she couldn't do one of the questions.
Reply 11
tc123
Am I the only one that as soon as the examiner says stop writing becomes suddenly nervous that I have missed a question out and then has to check though the whole paper to make sure. And then panics that they haven't filled in the front correctly or completed all of the instructions ... like rule under each question or written which questions you have done when using the booklets for multiple exams. Anyone???

Every time!!!:p:
Reply 12
It depends on my mood really... sometimes I just sit there thinking "o well, that definately could have gone a lot better" and grumpy etc. sometimes I just sit there, check it through briefly and thats it.

But today in maths I ended up going through and doing every question again because I'm always the idiot who reads questions wrong (I changed like four answers when checking through). Then I work out my marks lol

I've figured I've got (I think) 200/248 in my Maths (Edexcel Higher) - and hoping for A*. I think the boundaries will be low this year though so I am not awfully confident.
Is it just me...or do you refuse to look at stuff related to that subject when the exam is over? I do it to stop myself looking out errors...cos otherwise i'd jst break down or something! I do so much silly things sometimes lol!

K xxx
Never happens to me, but I do wonder if they will be able to understand my writing and think that I may have screwed up on the front somewhere.
Reply 15
I add up the marks i think i got right. he he glad to know im not the only one.
Reply 16
I never become frantic when the examiner says "stop writing." I feel relieved. :s:

jsk
I add up the marks i think i got right. he he glad to know im not the only one.

I sometimes do that.
i think about the exam tommorow, and worry cus i know i won't get any revision done in between
I used to count the marks I thought I'd got in non essay based exams too, but I couldn't be paranoid that I'd left information off the front because the school printed sticky labels for us with all our details on it, then all we had to was sign the paper.
Reply 19
kellywood_5
I used to count the marks I thought I'd got in non essay based exams too, but I couldn't be paranoid that I'd left information off the front because the school printed sticky labels for us with all our details on it, then all we had to was sign the paper.

Wow, lucky...I check my candidate number about 5x before the exam and about 5x after the exam against my timetable, even though I've memorised it :P

Latest