The Student Room Group

Advice for revising Bio content throughout the year

I'm just about 1 month into A-Levels and I was wondering how I should go about revising past content as the year progresses. E.g. how often should I review the topics I did at the very beginning of the year so I don't completely forget about it?
Any adivce would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Granted that I'm only in Year 11, I'm not qualified to give any sort of advice, so take it with a pinch of salt. I would create flashcards after every lesson you do on an Anki deck, with subdecks for each topic, and then create more based on the Exam board specification if there are any you've missed. That way you can used spaced repetition to keep all the content memorised throughout the year, rather than cramming it in a few weeks before exams or when you need it.
I'd do a quick review after each topic is finished, or if you find the concept difficult or just complicated, it would be great to make some notes on that the following weekend. Have a look over the notes at the holidays but I don't think you'll need too much more than that at this stage.
Reply 3
Original post by Holly3005
I'm just about 1 month into A-Levels and I was wondering how I should go about revising past content as the year progresses. E.g. how often should I review the topics I did at the very beginning of the year so I don't completely forget about it?
Any adivce would be appreciated :smile:

I LOVE anki flashcards but really any sort of flashcards should do, as long as you review them regularly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending