The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seundad
Apparently Nomura moving out of London?

I'd be really skeptical of these types of articles in the FT. They are obviously trying to use their bargaining power to get the best possible terms to suit their business. They're not going to move all of their people out of their brand new offices out of London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I am writing a Cover Letter for the Client Delivery Graduate Programme at Accenture in London. I would like to ask if there is any particular person I can address the cover letter to and if there is what is his or her name?

Thanks
Original post by midnight999
Hi,

I am writing a Cover Letter for the Client Delivery Graduate Programme at Accenture in London. I would like to ask if there is any particular person I can address the cover letter to and if there is what is his or her name?

Thanks

No. Address it "Dear Sir / Madam" or "Dear Accenture Graduate Recruitment"

There is no real point in addressing it to a single person as it'll get processed by loads of different people at varying stages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Post video int rej from Laz, post test rej from DB, post test rej from MS, auto withdraw from Nomura bc missed test deadline.

Waiting on GS, JPM, Barc, BNPP, Roths, CS, Citi, HSBC, Macquarie, BAML, UBS

Gonna apply to Blackrock + Fidelity over Christmas break.

All are ofc SW apps.

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have my Laz SW VI coming up, would preparing for: why lazard, why this programme be sufficient?

Thanks in advance boss
Original post by TheParham
Where to? Birmingham?

Lool not sure mate
Original post by Commercial Paper
I'd be really skeptical of these types of articles in the FT. They are obviously trying to use their bargaining power to get the best possible terms to suit their business. They're not going to move all of their people out of their brand new offices out of London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh that's what I was thinking
You got an offer? One of my fave banks

yea, how come its one of your favourite banks?
Original post by uiopü
yea, how come its one of your favourite banks?

Which division? Well it is undoubtedly better than likes of Nomura/RBC/HSBC/BNP etc - Also, it has many ex-BB bankers in there which makes it as good as a BB for me in terms of people around you. The culture is very good there as well with high conversion rates from Summer to FT. just love it
Which division? Well it is undoubtedly better than likes of Nomura/RBC/HSBC/BNP etc - Also, it has many ex-BB bankers in there which makes it as good as a BB for me in terms of people around you. The culture is very good there as well with high conversion rates from Summer to FT. just love it

How is jefferies better than say hsbc?.. hsbc employs 250k ppl compaed with jefferies 3k. Hsbc total assets £2.6trilliom compared with jefferies
£44billion...
just wondering - thoughts on ingenious AM?
Original post by gman999
How is jefferies better than say hsbc?.. hsbc employs 250k ppl compaed with jefferies 3k. Hsbc total assets £2.6trilliom compared with jefferies
£44billion...

mate.. what even haha... HSBC is good if you wanna do retail or commercial banking or even IB in asia, in London IBD - Jefferies > HSBC Monday - Sunday
Original post by tazza ma razza
just wondering - thoughts on ingenious AM?

If IBD and S&T had sex, AM would be their child. I applied to a few this year so somethings I can help with... training is good, you get CFA from it, the money isnt as good, the number of spots are very very limited, etc
Original post by gman999
£44billion...

By that measure, HSBC is better than Goldman Sachs...

...And as we all know, Goldman Sachs rule the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
anybody know what citi's summer internship conversion rate is?? specifically mkts?
Original post by gman999
£44billion...

HSBC has a commercial and retail banking business. They ofc has billions in deposits ..... We're talking about IBD. I assume you think HSBC is the best bank there is if that's what matters to you.
For London I would say HSBC is better than Jefferies. Due to it's balance sheet HSBC gets better dealflow than all of the non-BBs/Lazard & Rothschild and with greater cross border M&A coming in from Asia it's well placed for the future.
Original post by gman999
£44billion...

Just because a bank employs fewer people doesn't make it 'worse'. That's like saying Lazard or Moelis&Co are worse than Barclay's - not the case.

The balance sheet argument is fair game however since JEF is a full service bank.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long after a final round should you hear back?
Original post by S_12345
How long after a final round should you hear back?

Min = Few hours
Max = 4 weeks ish
Reply 6959
Anyone here had a first round with Blackrock for Corporate Strategy Full Time? Its two live interviews 45 min each via HueWire which is odd. Any insight would be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending