The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoyobro
incoming summer intern is nothing to be worried about lol

letting your network and friends know where your going is important.

but just my personal advice, don't live the rest of your life based on what people think of you - happiness should come from within, not from the outside.

what is happiness?
Original post by AndyDufresne26
what is happiness?

I don't know. You tell me.

For me personally, I will always be happy because I truly understand why I'm here on this very planet, I live by a set of principles everyday, and I have a mission I want to achieve (and no, I don't mean being MD by 30..... trust me, you wont be happy if you live your life centred on one thing, and one thing only, you need a balance...).

If all you care about is one thing and one thing only, whether that be your career, money, or even your relationships, your in for a tough ride.

Anyone can be happy, its your choice, no one else's.

Imagine going to a funeral and you walk down to the coffin, and you realise its not any person's funeral, but your funeral. Think hard and take a minute. What do you want your friends, your family, your co-workers to say about you and remember you for?
Original post by gsbs2
What about GS M&A Partner and access to the private jet?

maybe, but maybe not.

I mean would you be happy if you were a GS M&A Partner and had access to a private jet?

Spoiler

Whats rabobanks graduate salary like for trading? Got first round next week for summer trading internship.
Original post by yoyobro
maybe, but maybe not.

I mean would you be happy if you were a GS M&A Partner and had access to a private jet?

Spoiler

chill
Original post by yoyobro
maybe, but maybe not.

Spoiler

What if I was GS M&A Partner and had access to a private jet? And what if I also had more relationships than anyone could hope for? And a family? And what if I had excellent organisational skills and even had time for gym every other day? What if I also had a girlfriend loved me for me and not my money and my status? And what if all my friends saw me as a caring person who balances both job and relatinoships? And what if they also saw me as a humble but successful being?

But what if I'm just a sad little boy writing on this *****y forum at 1:30 AM?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheBankinator
What if I was GS M&A Partner and had access to a private jet? And what if I also had more relationships than anyone could hope for? And a family? And what if I had excellent organisational skills and even had time for gym every other day? What if I also had a girlfriend loved me for me and not my money and my status? And what if all my friends saw me as a caring person who balances both job and relatinoships? And what if they also saw me as a humble but successful being?

But what if I'm just a sad little boy writing on this *****y forum at 1:30 AM?

yes this would be a very good situation to be in indeed, and it can be achieved

The man you described in your post lived a life that understood the value of a strong mental state, physical state, social state, and his own principles and goals in life and kudos to him. It's just that many won't.

Ask yourself again, am I really a sad little boy?

Everyone sees the world in a different way and I respect your opinion, but just remember this - before you throw your voice out into the world, make sure you understand that everyone sees the world in a different way and therefore has a different opinion, so respect them for that, and really understand their situation before you judge anyone or say anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
If I had got to have started this thread, I would have been immortalized!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jermybrown
If I had got to have started this thread, I would have been immortalized!

Start the next one, its probably early enough...
Original post by yoyobro
yes this would be a very good situation to be in indeed, and it can be achieved

The man you described in your post lived a life that understood the value of a strong mental state, physical state, social state, and his own principles and goals in life and kudos to him. It's just that many won't.

Ask yourself again, am I really a sad little boy?

Everyone sees the world in a different way and I respect your opinion, but just remember this - before you throw your voice out into the world, make sure you understand that everyone sees the world in a different way and therefore has a different opinion, so respect them for that, and really understand their situation before you judge anyone or say anything.

My philosophical friend, the wonderful art of self deprecating humour was used again. Alas, the sad little boy was me, not you. It seems you are just another wizard who is taking life (and this forum) a little too seriously. I only wish to leave you with this, remember it dearly:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I wish peace upon you and your family.
Original post by ceepee123
how long does it take to hear back after the business meeting for Barclays grad?

I had mine on Friday and I am still waiting for a reply - have you had your reply yet and when did you do the meeting?
Reply 7891
Anyone know where they stand with Terra Firma?
Original post by Cbr 1
Anyone know where they stand with Terra Firma?

Behind...but hey depends on what u like, not judging.
Original post by TheBankinator
My philosophical friend, the wonderful art of self deprecating humour was used again. Alas, the sad little boy was me, not you. It seems you are just another wizard who is taking life (and this forum) a little too seriously. I only wish to leave you with this, remember it dearly:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I wish peace upon you and your family.

Ok fair enough, I understand where your coming from.

The way I see things is that I'm just trying to help, and I'm pretty sure that someone out there has read one of my very few posts and got something out of it. To those who did, don't just keep the info in your head, take action and implement it and change your life for the good.
Original post by yoyobro
Ok fair enough, I understand where your coming from.

The way I see things is that I'm just trying to help, and I'm pretty sure that someone out there has read one of my very few posts and got something out of it. To those who did, don't just keep the info in your head, take action and implement it and change your life for the good.

such kindness :smile:
Original post by Championt1
Namaste 🙏

f*uck off
Original post by proceedtolmb
f*uck off

How dare u, you uncultured swine
Happiness is a mood, not a stage in life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I have been invited to take P&Gs in-person Global Reasoning Test at P&G. It is a 65 minutes test and has 40 multiple choice questions. It has 3 sections- numerical reasoning questions, logic-based reasoning questions and figural reasoning questions. I would like to ask anyone who has taken the test the following questions

How was the test?

How many questions did each of the three sections have?

What advice do you have regarding how I can best prepare for it?
(especially since I would like to pass the test, get as high a mark and possible and be invited to the interview)

Thanks!
Original post by midnight999
Hi,

I have been invited to take P&Gs in-person Global Reasoning Test at P&G. It is a 65 minutes test and has 40 multiple choice questions. It has 3 sections- numerical reasoning questions, logic-based reasoning questions and figural reasoning questions. I would like to ask anyone who has taken the test the following questions

How was the test?

How many questions did each of the three sections have?

What advice do you have regarding how I can best prepare for it?
(especially since I would like to pass the test, get as high a mark and possible and be invited to the interview)

Thanks!

I did it 2/3 years ago. The test was very easy compared to the ones you see in consulting or even IB. I don't remember how many questions were in each section, but go fast at the beginning of the test and keep track of time. In my case, it was the first stage of an assessment day and almost all candidates passed it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending