The Student Room Group

What does compromise mean on UCAS offer?

On my application for queens university Belfast it requires me to gain 2 B's in my a levels and because I do a btec subsidiary diploma as my third they require 6/6 distinctions, however it states because of my mix of qualifications they could accept a compromise in August. At As I only achieved 2/3 distinctions meaning it is only possible for me to achieve 5/6, so does this "compromise" mean if I get my 2 B's hey will accept me with my 5/6 distinctions?
Reply 1
Original post by Aaron1256
On my application for queens university Belfast it requires me to gain 2 B's in my a levels and because I do a btec subsidiary diploma as my third they require 6/6 distinctions, however it states because of my mix of qualifications they could accept a compromise in August. At As I only achieved 2/3 distinctions meaning it is only possible for me to achieve 5/6, so does this "compromise" mean if I get my 2 B's hey will accept me with my 5/6 distinctions?

It doesn't mean anything specific. Usually it means that if you do better on one part of the offer they'll let you do worse on another bit - but unless they have specifically said what alternative they will accept this isn't guaranteed.

Quick Reply

Latest