bethwilson7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody has a rough idea of what questions may be likely to come up in tomorrow's exam??

I will be doing the following 3 sections:
Delegated Legislation
Statutory Interpretation
Criminal Courts and Lay People

I've heard that parliamentary controls may come up in the delegated legislation section... any ideas??
helena1999
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I reckon purposive approach or mischief rule will come up for statutory interpretation and a rule of language

For criminal courts and lay people possibly appeal courts and a question may ask about the training of magistrates
Tasha G
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can we use abbreviations in the exam, e.g. statutory instruments to 'SIs' and orders in council to 'OICs'?
helena1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tasha G)
Can we use abbreviations in the exam, e.g. statutory instruments to 'SIs' and orders in council to 'OICs'?
I sometimes do, such as for supreme court (SC) and court of appeal (CoA) but i think try and avoid it if you are a fast writer and will have some time as it can look unprofessional and sometimes confuse the examiner
Tasha G
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by helena1999)
I sometimes do, such as for supreme court (SC) and court of appeal (CoA) but i think try and avoid it if you are a fast writer and will have some time as it can look unprofessional and sometimes confuse the examiner
Thanks Yeah, I think I will do that. Will put it in brackets first. Although in the evaluation questions that look at spelling, structure etc. I will try to avoid doing it!
LauranX
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think that qualification and selection of magistrates will come up in criminal courts and lay people
LGBTvoice
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bethwilson7)
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody has a rough idea of what questions may be likely to come up in tomorrow's exam??

I will be doing the following 3 sections:
Delegated Legislation
Statutory Interpretation
Criminal Courts and Lay People

I've heard that parliamentary controls may come up in the delegated legislation section... any ideas??
Judicial controls have been asked for the past few years so it is likely we will see Parliamentary controls. Last year saw reasons for delegated legislation as the question with 2 marks for AO3 so we are probably going to see advantages or disadvantages for delegated legislation.
Lauren1525
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think that influences will come up for Parliamentary law as they can ask an outline or strengths and weaknesses question. Limitations is likely too but the parliamentary process less so as it has been on the last few years. ☺
Lauren1525
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hope that everyone's exams went well today! Not a bad paper but it could have been better
Starwarsian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know roughly how many marks you need for an A or B?
onesones
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know what are the questions of statutory interpretation, judicial precedent and criminal court and lay people. As I forgot what are the questions and worrying about whether I have answered right or wrong way. Many Thanks
helena1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Starwarsian)
Does anyone know roughly how many marks you need for an A or B?
Usually like 78-85 out of 96 around about to get A
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by onesones)
Does anyone know what are the questions of statutory interpretation, judicial precedent and criminal court and lay people. As I forgot what are the questions and worrying about whether I have answered right or wrong way. Many Thanks
Statutory Interpreatation:
1.Intrinsic and Extrinsic aids
2. Mischief rule
3. Advantages and disadvantages of the mischief rule

Criminal Courts and Lay People:
1. Trial and appeal courts and the cases they hear
2. Qualification and training of magistrates
3. Disadvantages of lay people (juries and magistrates)

Didn't do precedent, sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (26)
8.1%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (23)
7.17%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (70)
21.81%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (39)
12.15%
No, nothing has changed (101)
31.46%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (62)
19.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed