The Student Room Group

AQA Core 2 Maths prep. thread (25/05/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rainbowtwist
Where is 1/5 from?
EDIT: just realised 1/5 is 0.2 lols
Also I put it was a stretch in y by scale factor 1/25 😂😂

you are not alone :P
Hi everyone just to say ive made a core 2 discussion and unofficial mark scheme thread here where people can see/input answers so we can build an unofficial mark scheme :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4116275&p=65151203#post65151203
what did everyone get for the sum of the number of terms?
Reply 123
Original post by Rahee_Ali
I think I got a lower number 😂 crap

I got -1648 ??
Reply 124
Original post by voltz
I got -1648 ??

Pretty sure i got the same thing

Original post by Jjohnson919
-1600 and something (remember exact number)
Original post by SunDun111
what did everyone get for the sum of the number of terms?

The sigma notation from n=4 to 21? I got 90? Did anyone else get that
For the binomial I used the c4 method to fully expand whatever the quadratic was - (2+x)^7 ?

Problem is I completely forgot to times each answer by 2^7 although I did take it out the brackets and write it.

I then used the indices pairings from both expansions and multiplied any thats powers would add to 10.

How many marks would I lose?
what was the answer for first question part a
I got -1552 for the expansion
Original post by Excuse Me!
For the binomial I used the c4 method to fully expand whatever the quadratic was - (2+x)^7 ?

Problem is I completely forgot to times each answer by 2^7 although I did take it out the brackets and write it.

I then used the indices pairings from both expansions and multiplied any thats powers would add to 10.

How many marks would I lose?

i did the same as you! absoutley gutted, i am alwso wondering how much marks i'd get for it
Original post by tsr1807
The sigma notation from n=4 to 21? I got 90? Did anyone else get that

Yeah, I got 90!
Original post by Rahee_Ali
What did you guys get for the Binomial Expansion last part? I got a negative 4 digit number, can't remember the no. though.

I got -1648, I think.
Original post by SunDun111
i did the same as you! absoutley gutted, i am alwso wondering how much marks i'd get for it

Haha, its really annoying. I wrote 2^7 and remember thinking i must do that later.

If i had to guess i would say 3 marks mabye 4 but most likely 3.

For, correct terms within expansion, correctly using indice rules to find coefficients, adding coefficients we got to get an answer.

so hopefully 3
How did you all find it in comparison to
1) core 1
2) all the past papers for c2??

I think this was easier than c1 but harder than most c2 papers but easier than June 2012 😂But I think it went ok overall
Reply 135
Original post by RueXO
How did you all find it in comparison to
1) core 1
2) all the past papers for c2??

I think this was easier than c1 but harder than most c2 papers but easier than June 2012 😂But I think it went ok overall

I did surprisingly bad on the C1 paper, and this was much better personally.

I still messed up quite a few questions like the radian trig one, the arithmetic sum and the area of the sector one.
What do we think the grade boundaries will be, usually the average is about 58/59
Original post by ShitAlevels
What do we think the grade boundaries will be, usually the average is about 58/59

I would like to think a little lower, so around 56/57. Was definitely a hard paper.
Original post by voltz
I did surprisingly bad on the C1 paper, and this was much better personally.

I still messed up quite a few questions like the radian trig one, the arithmetic sum and the area of the sector one.
literally same, that c1 had me in tears. I panicked and blanked out and had no idea what I was doing for the whole paper
Does anyone think the grade boundaries will be as low as 2012? 😍

Quick Reply

Latest