The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE English Literature 2016

Scroll to see replies

I loved my exam!
I preferred OMAM (I did the extract question) and I'm really happy with it!
My AIC was okay, I did the general question, I just found it hard to back up points. Also I use a laptop, and once we've printed, we can't edit it - and I noticed a couple of major spelling mistakes/typos - so I know I've lost marks for that.

And I did two mini intros for each, so we'll see.
I forgot to write the question number/ wrote the wrong number in the margin!!!! Do you think they will still mark it if it was clearly answering the whole text question?? :frown:
Original post by lordofthehumans
I forgot to write the question number/ wrote the wrong number in the margin!!!! Do you think they will still mark it if it was clearly answering the whole text question?? :frown:

Hopefully yes. If you've got the content they shouldn't mark you down for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just hoping I included enough "imaginative" ideas to get an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found AIC easier as the OMAM just was about loneliness and dreams in the passage
Original post by Do it Right
How did everyone find it?! :smile:

A View from the Bridge had such a good extract! It was the climax of the novel and there was so much to write about. Tsosti, on the other hand, was a load harder since I had to relate everything back to the struggles of black South African women while still talking about Tsotsi's redemption.
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Is anyone else freaking out about the exam tomorrow? I'm doing The History Boys, To Kill a Mockingbird and, on Friday, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. For revision I have been doing past papers, creating an introduction/answer template and have been creating a bank of quotes and 'unique ideas' to use in the exam. What books are you doing and how have you been revising?

Here is a link to some past papers (under past papers and assessment):
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse-english-literature-j360-from-2012/
I really recommend the June 2015 examiners report in order to understand what they are looking for in an A* answer.

Here's a link to some revision websites:
http://www.litcharts.com
http://www.shmoop.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB40-KM14RA A* in English Lit video (I found it most useful at 06:12)

Hey, do you think that if I did a high level of analysis in 'Prose from different cultures' [Of Mice and Men] but wrote almost nothing about 'structure', I could still get at least an A in it??
Original post by akash3141
Hey, do you think that if I did a high level of analysis in 'Prose from different cultures' [Of Mice and Men] but wrote almost nothing about 'structure', I could still get at least an A in it??

Definitely! The examiner can give you an A* if you've talked only about the effect of language as long as you have really gone into detail about the effects on the reader/audience and discussed it with interesting ideas and sensitivity :smile: at least this is what I have been told by all of my teachers, 2 of whom are examiners

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lordofthehumans

same and im panicking
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Definitely! The examiner can give you an A* if you've talked only about the effect of language as long as you have really gone into detail about the effects on the reader/audience and discussed it with interesting ideas and sensitivity :smile: at least this is what I have been told by all of my teachers, 2 of whom are examiners

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, thanks for the information :smile: .. Good luck with your exams, too.
Any predictions for LOTF?
Good luck today everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosieridleyx
same and im panicking

Don't worry, apparently it's quite common- they shouldn't penalise us :h:
You don't have yo have an intro and conclusion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending