The Student Room Group

WJEC English Lit Unit1 Exam

how do you get marked for the extract question is it like one mark per PEE para on a quote or something cause I only picked up on 6 quotes aka 6PEE's and how did you lot find the poetry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
poetry was not good
Reply 2
I only used five quotes because I ran out of time, and thought that hopefully one PEE would equal two marks. I thought the poetry had gone okay, but I just got told what the poems were really about, and I didn't put that at all
Does anyone know if there's a deeper meaning behind 'In Cardigan Market'?
Original post by LN1234
I only used five quotes because I ran out of time, and thought that hopefully one PEE would equal two marks. I thought the poetry had gone okay, but I just got told what the poems were really about, and I didn't put that at all

What were the poems actually about?
Reply 5
The poems were so bland, like a car show room? Really?
Original post by CharlWills

I thought the poems were about truth behind hidden doors, as the job of a fishmonger that would be stereotypical seen as boring was portrayed in a positive light compared to the job of a car salesman
Original post by CharlWills

In Cardigan Market was about prostitution and the car showroom was apparently about homosexuality (which i don't see at all)
Reply 8
For the extract question your were meant to use a comment evidence formula style and the essay a PEE structure.
I didn't do that completely bad on poetry question, I compared and contrast maybe about 5/6 times in a page so that should hopefully get me at least 8/9 marks out of 20 which is bad yeah but I usually get 1/2 marks on them cause they're confusing and who did of mice and men in this exam?
Original post by Naomi265
In Cardigan Market was about prostitution and the car showroom was apparently about homosexuality (which i don't see at all)

What?!?!? It was?! I thought it was about selling fishes and the car showroom about selling automobiles.. Please don't tell me I did it all wrong😭

I genuinely still can't believe this :redface:
And here i was thinking Lit is one of my better subjects!

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought the car showroom was about that so I'm guessing that not many candidates picked up on that. I can see where In Cardigan Market is about prostitution now though, gutted I didn't write about it!
Original post by LivMalseed
I didn't do that completely bad on poetry question, I compared and contrast maybe about 5/6 times in a page so that should hopefully get me at least 8/9 marks out of 20 which is bad yeah but I usually get 1/2 marks on them cause they're confusing and who did of mice and men in this exam?

I did omam, i found the questions ok ngl i did a and c
Original post by emmerneedshelp
I did omam, i found the questions ok ngl i did a and c

I did A and B, I had no clue what to write about the fear and you know so I did character question. I did 2 half a page paragraph about Lennie and how they called him a 'crazy bastard' which show how they treated disabled people back then. And 3 paragraphs for question A about George. So in total I did about 3 pages..
Reply 15
I was only able to write about 5 PEE for the extract question because I ran out of time :frown:. However when i got to the essay section; I could not have wished for a better question.

Spoiler

For the poetry section, I just wrote about how both writers use the structure of the poem to ......... (for similarities) and the rest was just differences.

Overall it couldn't have gone any better than that. :u:
Original post by LivMalseed
I did A and B, I had no clue what to write about the fear and you know so I did character question. I did 2 half a page paragraph about Lennie and how they called him a 'crazy bastard' which show how they treated disabled people back then. And 3 paragraphs for question A about George. So in total I did about 3 pages..

i think i wrote about 4 pages worth overall, i hope you did well!!
of mice and men questions was not that bad!
however, the unseen poetry went terrible,
does anyone remember the poem names and their writers names?
Poetry was awful and I did the Lennie whole text question, basically winged it all :frown: Any predictions for Heroes and An Inspector Calls?
Original post by olivia.00
of mice and men questions was not that bad!
however, the unseen poetry went terrible,
does anyone remember the poem names and their writers names?

"In Cardigan Market" by Brian Morris and "Car Showroom" not sure who it's by.

Quick Reply

Latest