Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on holiday soon and I want to know how to tan when you are reallyyyy pale like basically luminous white???
    I was considering getting a few sunbeds before I go (I know the risks I don't need a lecture- each to their own and all that) would that work to build up a bit of colour??
    I do tan when I go on holiday but like only so much that it makes me a "normal" colour but I would just like to be a bit more brown to look nice on holiday please give me any tips or advice!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Noooo please don't use a sunbed, really bad for your skin! UV light is ageing and increases the risk of skin cancer. Try fake tan - if you have some cash to splash go to a salon for a spray tan, and ask them about it first - you want something designed for pale skin so you look a nice colour, not orange, and not 'olive'. If you're used to using fake tan have a go at home yourself, if not, think about one of the 'hint of tan' daily moisturisers or aftersuns like Dove summer glow (if that's still available) - apply every day and you build up colour slowly, and it's difficult to make it 'streaky' (the big problem with fake tan if you aren't an expert).

I have fair skin, and all I get is freckles really if I try to tan naturally. I use a 'hint of fake tan' for a few days before a holiday, then wear sun block and use the hint of a fake tan as an after sun every day while I'm away, until I get to a reasonable colour. You can then use it to keep a bit of a tan for a while when you get back.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend using a gradual tanner before you go away rather than sunbeds, so much less harmful!

ReputationRep:
    Im extremely pale and I use bondi sands dark tanning mousse... One coat actually suits me and doesn't look fake? Just be careful on your knees and elbows and leave it to develop overnight

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.