The Student Room Group

Not being to sleep before an exam

Scroll to see replies

Omg story of my life..
I've heard that camomile and spearmint tea is good for relaxation and sleeping
Also, I tend to get uncomfortable laying in bed for a long time so I get out and go to the kitchen and drink ice cold water which cools me down
And...I find that going on a long walk helps you to sleep later on (well for me anyway) so make sure you take breaks from revision
I know this is a late reply but good luck with your exams!
I had this problem which went on for like 3 nights in a row and it was the worst! :frown:
I try to sleep when it comes to the night before exams, but I struggle. Not just with exams, but when it comes to an event in college or doing something I'm nervous about, the night before I get hallucinations. Sounds like I'm on drugs I know, but it's a thing. It's when I'm almost asleep and I'm in the wakey-but-almost-asleep stage. I see black shapes of spiders, webs, insects in front of my face, dangling over me, behind me. I always run and turn the light on, run around the house, stand still. It always happens the same way - I move so fast I don't remember jumping out of bed and turning the light on. Then, I can't get to sleep because although I know its not real, I still have the image in my head.

I now have an even bigger fear of spiders, insects and everything else I was already scared of.

But despite that, I was fine. I sleepy in exams, yes, but I passed. So have hope.

Quick Reply

Latest