The Student Room Group

1 week until gsces tips

there's one week until the real gsce exams and im already feeling stressed any method of revision that would be effective for the exams?
also yesterday in the night i was up trying to revise and went to sleep at 3am, but couldn't sleep for a bit
Original post by hurtinguser
there's one week until the real gsce exams and im already feeling stressed any method of revision that would be effective for the exams?
also yesterday in the night i was up trying to revise and went to sleep at 3am, but couldn't sleep for a bit

I think you should do at least one practise paper for each paper before the exam, in exam conditions as similar to the actual exams. It may help it feel less stressful, and you can deal with any problems last minute before the exams.
Reply 2
Original post by hurtinguser

Revision: past papers are your new best friend now - always look at past papers because they are SO helpful in knowing the style of questions. If you have flashcards, use them regularly to consolidate revision. Check back on topics you have not covered in a while and identify if you need to strengthen your awareness.

Tips: GET A GOOD SLEEP. DO NOT STAY UP LATE - THIS IS THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO. Sleeping is JUST AS IMPORTANT as revising. Sleeping consolidates what you revised and stores what you went over into your long term memory, rather than short term. No sleep means what you revise only stays with you in the short term. Also sleep is important because of wellbeing and so you don’t fall asleep in the exam.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest