The Student Room Group

AQA Business and Communication Systems Unit 8 20th June 2016

I couldn't find a thread for this exam so I'm creating one, how did everyone find the unit 8 exam today? I thought it was pretty easy, apart from the 2nd 9 marker which was a bit unusual.

What did everyone put for the question about stating 2 different data storage methods? I asked other people and they were saying USBs, hard drives, etc. But, I put "paper storage - e.g. filing cabinets" and "electronic storage - databases, spreadsheets, computer storage, etc." would I still get the marks for that?
the exam was really good but I agree on the 2nd 9 marker, there wasnt much you could say but I chose A as far as I can remember. The only thing I disliked was how some questions were really vague and it was hard to use the sources for some of the questions, eg application form and CV, also the question on communication.

and answering your question, it depends on what the mark scheme says it is possible they may award you the mark but don't worry what's done is done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The exam was a lot better than I expected!

The second 9 marker just depended on what you chose I suppose, I chose 'B', precisely because I could think of a lot to write about health and safety. I agree on how questions were vague, another example being the first question in the paper, I heard quite a lot of people got confused and put 'internal' and 'external' as two ways of advertisement, where I presumed the answer would've been 'newspaper', or 'internet', etc.

What do people think grade boundaries will be like this year??

Quick Reply

Latest