The Student Room Group

Where for economics uni?????

im likely to be predicted AAA in Maths,Politics and Economics and am dropping FM this year. I got 4A*s 4As 2Bs at GCSE and reckon ill get between ABBB-ABBC this year.Can someone please tell me which uni they think is best for economics and if you got in with lower grades than required
Manchester
Leeds
Nottingham
Warwick
Surrey
Bristol
Reading
Sheffield
Bath
Southampton
Warwick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nottingham >>>> Manchester >>> The rest
Reply 2
Original post by HangeeTw

cheers any reason why bath or bristol dont make the cut?
Reply 3
Original post by HangeeTw

Bath is better than both Nott and Manchester for Econ. Same with Bristol - not sure what you're talking about mate. I'd say Warwick, Bath, Bristol, Nott, Manchester
Reply 4
To get in with lower grades it'll not be Warwick/Bath/Bristol/Nott, probably the rest except Southampton or Manchester, maybe
Reply 5
You obviously ould be needing more than 3 A's to get into Warwick for economics. But if you'll do get the grades, it surely is the best -- and there isn't a close second -- from your list.

The distant second, in my opinion, is Manchester. I think there's so much going on at Manchester's econ, and because it is a large department in that university, the department hosts plenty of grad/postgraduate students, scholars and top-notched professors from around the world. Research at Manchester econ is plenty, as well, and their undergrad econ students have easy access to participating in research. Manchester is also considered as "semi-target" of bulge bracket firms, which means, top banks hire econ grads from there, as well.

I would rank Bristol a close 3rd (also a semi-target for IB jobs). Nottingham a close 4th (another semi-target for IB jobs). Bath a close 5th.
And then all the rest are tied at 6th.
Original post by proximity
cheers any reason why bath or bristol dont make the cut?

Sorry actually I would put Bath same level as Nott for Econ, Bristol just not that known for econ imo. Also depends on what you are looking for, is it ranking in terms of pure academic reputation, or target by BB etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending