The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official CAMBRIDGE 2017 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EthanJP
On Cambridge website it said the PhD was for 3 years, so I applied for ATAS filling the expected course end date to be 3 years from start date. My CAS came and the course end date was set for 4 years. I emailed Cambridge and they told me that Cambridge would sponsor PhD students for four years, last year for writing thesis.
I have already submitted visa application and realized the course end dates on CAS and ATAS don't match. What should I do?
Ps on other hand, the ATAS certificate doesnt mention course end date, and even when I was filling the ATAS form it said '''when do you 'expect' your course to end', so I don't know how important will the issue of different end dates be?

Hey I had the same issue. I contacted the International Students Team and they said it doesn't matter. Will let you know once I receive the visa though. :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by triggerd
No mail yet! My College's Graduate Secretary says that last year they had very remarkable delays which they're trying to address this year -- many new postgrads arrived in Cambridge still unable to access their cam emails! -- and that I should let her know if by the 11th of September I still haven't received anything...

I received my registration email about an hour ago, I guess they may do them in batches so not everyone will have them yet but they're seemingly doing better than last year! :smile:
Original post by Hannah26
I received my registration email about an hour ago, I guess they may do them in batches so not everyone will have them yet but they're seemingly doing better than last year! :smile:

Same here :smile:
Original post by Hannah26

I got mine yesterday! Just finished the student registration exercise :smile:
Hey folks, First of all congratulations on your admission. Would appreciate it if you could post your gre scores (if you took it vs the gmat) and your major (econ, finance, etc). I ended up getting a 165 Q/165 V/6 (essay) but I'm not sure the quant isn't good enough (hence the reason for this post). Cheers
Original post by ariel2703
Hey I had the same issue. I contacted the International Students Team and they said it doesn't matter. Will let you know once I receive the visa though. :smile:

Thanks!
I hope we both get visa without any issues!
See you in Cambridge!
Original post by EthanJP
Thanks!
I hope we both get visa without any issues!
See you in Cambridge!

I got mine without any problems :smile: hope yours comes through soon too.
Hi all, I've applied for Lent 2018 entry (on Sept 8th) - How long after you applied did you hear something from the graduate office/anywhere?

I at least expected an email with timeframes etc. (The course page says applications are assessed as they are received)

Edit: Thanks for the help!
hey guys :smile: I saw that many of you had interviews last year and were made offers (congrats :biggrin:) I have applied in september for 2018 entry (for department of medicine) and was offered an interview. I was wondering how you guys prepared for this and what kind of things they asked you. Im pretty nervous so any tips and advice would be really appreciated, especially because my MPhil did not require a research proposal- so I am not sure what exactly they will ask and expect me to know.
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long our referees have to complete their references after we click "Save and send request"?
Does this expire?

Thanks!
Original post by languagenerd
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long our referees have to complete their references after we click "Save and send request"?
Does this expire?

Thanks!

I think they say 7 days, but in previous years there have been successful applicants who haven't had references submitted for weeks or months after that, so I wouldn't worry. I think it's just to make sure people try to get things done quickly to help those responsible for sifting through all the applications.
Original post by holly_1994
I think they say 7 days, but in previous years there have been successful applicants who haven't had references submitted for weeks or months after that, so I wouldn't worry. I think it's just to make sure people try to get things done quickly to help those responsible for sifting through all the applications.

Thank you, that's helpful! If there is a seven day window, do you know if the whole application needs to be submitted as soon as the references are submitted, or should there still be an opportunity to edit the sections despite clicking "save and send request"?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by languagenerd
Thank you, that's helpful! If there is a seven day window, do you know if the whole application needs to be submitted as soon as the references are submitted, or should there still be an opportunity to edit the sections despite clicking "save and send request"?

Thank you :smile:

I can't actually remember, but I think you're okay to take your time - provided it's in before the official deadline in January, or whatever your course deadline is :smile: but I seem to remember that they won't consider the app as a "live application" until your references have been received, so I think they are what kickstart the process.
Hello Etoile89! I have exactly the same situation, how did you manage it?\\=)
anyone know what Awaiting approval by GAO means???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending