The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official CAMBRIDGE 2017 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Any other MPhil Epidemiology applicants on here?
(edited 7 years ago)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by jiksi
I haven't received a letter yet, but I'm not a UK applicant so I'm not sure whether I'll be sent one anyway. My offer was made in early December :smile:

Thanks! The more I think about it, the more I'm not entirely sure whether or not we will get an official letter - I might be confusing it with the Oxford process.
Original post by holly_1994
Thanks! The more I think about it, the more I'm not entirely sure whether or not we will get an official letter - I might be confusing it with the Oxford process.

I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that Cambridge no longer sends paper copies of acceptance-- just via email.
Original post by Mr Jelly Roll
Coming up to two months at 'degree committee'. Beginning to accept purgatory. I am getting comfortable here in this unknowing and unknowable space.

Any other applicants for the American History MA here? (I know of only one other!)

Me! And I sympathize with the purgatory sentiment.
Original post by 11000
For what I know you must wait for them to call you in for an interview or in your case for a phone call/or skype interview.
After that, they will tell you if they will offer you a place.
If they do and accept their offer, you must apply officially.
They use a different application process from other courses. I know few people studying on this course, and they all went trough the same process..

I believe it is worth waiting. I hope this helps

Best wishes

Hi 11000,

Thanks for your post. Yesterday a wrote an email to a guy at the CDT, who replied to my emails before. On his reply, he copied 02 more people from the CDT. One of them then replied today, saying that I should just wait and check the Self-Application portal.

I guess there is no other option but to wait.

Muchas gracias y saludos desde Perú.
(Thanks very much and regards from Perú)

Miguel
Reply 785
Original post by cafeconleche
I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that Cambridge no longer sends paper copies of acceptance-- just via email.

This is correct. On camsis there is a document titled 'certificate of offer' that one could print out and provide as evidence. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
Original post by Hendjab
Hi :smile:

Congrats on your offer! I have applied for the same course but am still under consideration by department. I applied sometime towards the end of November so I assume they have looked at my application and I'm in the 'maybe' pile. Would you mind telling me a little bit about your background?

Hi, thanks! :smile: Sure--I'm an overseas student so it's a bit different, but I'm completing my undergrad with the UK equivalent of a First in criminology.

Hopefully you'll hear back soon--keep us updated! Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cafeconleche
Any other MPhil Epidemiology applicants on here?

I've applied for Public Health. :smile: Largely overlapping courses.
Concerned I won't get an offer as I'm not a medic.
Hey guys :smile: are there any PhD applicants still waiting for a response? I've applied for a PhD in Sociology (submitted in Dec) and the waiting is bananas!
Original post by lifeissimple
Hey guys :smile: are there any PhD applicants still waiting for a response? I've applied for a PhD in Sociology (submitted in Dec) and the waiting is bananas!

I believe *all* PhD applicants are still waiting for a response at this stage :biggrin: I submitted in Dec as well, and my app is still awaiting consideration by the dept!
Hello all and thanks for the interesting topic! I've been thinking recently to apply for UK University as a EU student. How do you see my chances to get in to ISMM with following stats: I have graduated from University of applied sciences (BEng) with good grades, 4/5 in our scale (3.2GPA) and I was awarded of excellent educational success. My major in studies was machine and production technology, minor international project management.

After graduate I have roughly 2,5 years work experience as a mech. supervisor, project engineer/manager and site manager in international/domestic installation projects all around the world, mostly international ones. I have also good recommendations from my University and employer(s).

What do you think/know, is 3.2GPA too less or could my work experience gives me hope? Web page says "..with an overall grade of 2.5/3 or 3/5 (Requires 160 credits)", so at least my grades meets the minimum requirements.

Oh, and I'm 26 years old if that matters :smile: Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Decision with BOGS!!!!!! MPhil Finance and Economics. Cannot believe it. It's been my goal above all others since 2013.
Reply 792
Original post by DCRsilver
Decision with BOGS!!!!!! MPhil Finance and Economics. Cannot believe it. It's been my goal above all others since 2013.

YAY!! congrats!! :biggrin:

Congrats! What were your college preferences?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarzed
YAY!! congrats!! :biggrin:

Thank you! I would like to make a very important point to everyone on this thread. I applied for this course last year and was rejected in favour of a classmate. In fact I was rejected by every MSc I applied to including LSE, Oxford, Camb and UCL. So don't take rejection badly. Work even harder and it can happen. Peace X
In fact I was rejected by every MSc I applied to including LSE, Oxford, Camb and UCL

wow dude congrats!!
Original post by LLawliet
Congrats! What were your college preferences?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly I don't even remember my choices as i applied over four months ago. Though this is still an early response for this course. I'm in my 30s, so no doubt I picked mature colleges :-)
Original post by facelark123
I've applied for Public Health. :smile: Largely overlapping courses.
Concerned I won't get an offer as I'm not a medic.

I had the same concern but, ultimately, it didn't affect their decision. Best wishes, keep us updated! When did you apply?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 798
Original post by YankToTheUK
Me! And I sympathize with the purgatory sentiment.

Also waiting for American History- my application was "under consideration by degree committee" on Dec 9th and is still there- when did you apply? :smile: fingers crossed they're just waiting for a batch of applications to review at once and then they'll release some decisions!
Original post by sarzed
Also waiting for American History- my application was "under consideration by degree committee" on Dec 9th and is still there- when did you apply? :smile: fingers crossed they're just waiting for a batch of applications to review at once and then they'll release some decisions!

Late November/Early December (honestly my timeframe is cloudy at the moment) but basically the same period of time. Hoping for the same thing. One way or another it'd be nice to know soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending