The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official CAMBRIDGE 2017 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lusine
Yes, I literally just called them and they said that they are in the process of sending out all of the responses now and everyone should hear by Monday 13th March at the very latest.

The beauty of Gates (or the tragedy!) is that all applicants will receive an email from them, whether they've received an offer or not and regardless of departmental nominations (i.e. if you ticket gates and submitted your personal statement, etc. you will receive an email). So you might as well stop stressing until you received that email, offer or rejection *she says while nervously checking email account every 10mins"!

Haha thanks Lusine!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
According to gradcafe, Cambridge International Scholarships have started going out! Good luck to all the PhD Internationals!
Original post by capplicant
Does it matter whether you formally accept or not for funding opportunities? I'm basically waiting to accept because I'm waiting for funding!

I was in the same boat and called Admissions in order to clarify. They say it is not one of the criteria and it shouldn't matter. The advice from them was that you can accept it anyway (regardless of your financial status). @Lilo29
I am still 'under consideration by department' for MPhil Philosophy. Has anyone received a rejection for this course yet?
Original post by ryanchen
Thanks, will be trying. May I ask which programme and college are you in?

I've applied for MPhil in IR and Politics if that's what you're asking :smile:
Original post by RadCam
Im also History department but for Modern British - did you ring the actual history department admissions people? they check your specific application and if its awaiting it generally means they haven't sent it on. Good luck!

Nice to see another Modern British History offer holder! :smile:
Original post by Mattb2601
Nice to see another Modern British History offer holder! :smile:

What was your timeline, if you don't mind me asking?? :s-smilie: (Applicant for American History MPhil)
Hello! My application has changed to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies. Status: The degree committee is satisfied with your application. However, your offer has not yet been approved.'

So this is actual progress? Sorry, first time on this thread!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by intoharmsway
Hello! My application has changed to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies. Status: The degree committee is satisfied with your application. However, your offer has not yet been approved.'

So this is actual progress? Sorry, first time on this thread!

You are about to get it! BoGS usually means you are in. Just wait another few days!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lusine
I've applied for MPhil in IR and Politics if that's what you're asking :smile:

Thanks! Good luck to all of us!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by burymyheartat
What was your timeline, if you don't mind me asking?? :s-smilie: (Applicant for American History MPhil)

Hey, I sent in my application 15 December. Moved to 'under consideration by department' 19 December. Moved to BOGS 1 February. Offer made 2 February. Allocated college (Corpus Christi) 10 February.

Best of luck!
Original post by PTOPTO
economics :-)

Have you got offer now? I have been waiting for a few days......
So, it's been almost 6 weeks since I was accepted and still no college... would it be worth emailing to check there hasn't been an error? (Eg my application wasn't handed on, or was accepted but marked as rejected?) Or have plenty of others been waiting this long?
Original post by wherearethebirds
So, it's been almost 6 weeks since I was accepted and still no college... would it be worth emailing to check there hasn't been an error? (Eg my application wasn't handed on, or was accepted but marked as rejected?) Or have plenty of others been waiting this long?

I waited 4 weeks. Did you put a highly competitive college as first choice? King's alone took 3 weeks to reject me.
Original post by wherearethebirds
Me too! The Cambridge international scholarships (not sure if you're in this boat!) say they will begin announcements "late March" - I have no idea what schedule departmental scholarships are on, but would be very keen to know!

Is this for PhD funding? Does anyone know the timeline for masters applications?
Original post by likezerogravity
Is this for PhD funding? Does anyone know the timeline for masters applications?

I'm doing a PhD, but I think the trust funds both? (Also clumsy thumbs meant early March, not late March!)
Reply 1796
Congratulations to everyone who have received an offer. :smile:

People have started getting gates interview calls, and here I am still waiting to hear back from my department. Been two months since my interview and still at "under consideration by department".
Original post by sm27
Congratulations to everyone who have received an offer. :smile:

People have started getting gates interview calls, and here I am still waiting to hear back from my department. Been two months since my interview and still at "under consideration by department".

Calls? What do you mean calls? I thought they were emails!

And don't despair, I'm pretty much in the same boat! We will know soon...I hope.
Reply 1798
Original post by Lusine
Calls? What do you mean calls? I thought they were emails!

And don't despair, I'm pretty much in the same boat! We will know soon...I hope.

interview call does not mean a telephone call. People are being called for interview via email.

Good Luck. Hope we all hear some good news soon enough.
Hey guys, how long did it take to change from 'awaiting consideration by department' to 'under consideration' after you submitted all documents and references? I'm starting to panic :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending