The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh yeah i give my mum £20 every now and then when she needs some food, so really i do the opposite of getting pocket money. :tongue:
Reply 21
tis_me_lord
Oh yeah i give my mum £20 every now and then when she needs some food, so really i do the opposite of getting pocket money. :tongue:
How sweet :smile:
Reply 22
I've never had pocket money. And now I'm spending more my mum says the £30 EMA I get is enough. I don't have a problem with it, though I'm a bit worried about how I'm gonna manage my student loan next year and pay for accommodation on my own.
Reply 23
I'm not going to say because either
A) People will think I am boasting....
B) MOst importantly, they will not believe me
Reply 24
tis_me_lord

I live at home so its only fair I pay my way even if its not much, I also work for my dads company which helps him a great deal.

I am also spending more money than I earn, I have earned around £25 in the last week, I have spent about £100.

Music is a very very expensive hobby, HIFI is not cheap and then albums cost quite a bit too even from cheap sources.
Adhsur
How sweet

Its not her fault she isn't allowed to work anymore.

pikaboo
I've never had pocket money. And now I'm spending more my mum says the £30 EMA I get is enough. I don't have a problem with it, though I'm a bit worried about how I'm gonna manage my student loan next year and pay for accommodation on my own.

You know it's double m in accommodation, you'll be fine. I'm in your boat, though i've saved up some Birthday money etc, i might be ok. :smile:

amazingtrade
Music is a very very expensive hobby, HIFI is not cheap and then albums cost quite a bit too even from cheap sources.

Meanwhile i listen to my nursery rhyme tapes. :tongue:
Reply 26
Charters
I'm not going to say because either
A) People will think I am boasting....
B) MOst importantly, they will not believe me

try us.
Reply 27
hester
try us.

Well whilst the family were on holiday last yr there was a point where I was getting about £600 a day but I find it difficult to spend that type of money. Generally I don't like carrying around wads of cash, its pointless. Mostly when I go into London during the day with friends etc I get given about £250- this is during the hols....my Dad has the thing about me "running out of money" I don't usually spend it and give it back to him and he gives it to me the next day....its odd really. The only thing I spend it on is transport, tubes etc....
Reply 28
tis_me_lord
You know it's double m in accommodation, you'll be fine. I'm in your boat, though i've saved up some Birthday money etc, i might be ok. :smile:

I did save up a bit last year, but then I got interested in music and it's had a really bad effect on my bank balance :\ curse Queen and my compulsive need to get all the albums, plus Music Zone into tricking me that they do good deals :frown:
Reply 29
Charters
Well whilst the family were on holiday last yr there was a point where I was getting about £600 a day but I find it difficult to spend that type of money. Generally I don't like carrying around wads of cash, its pointless. Mostly when I go into London during the day with friends etc I get given about £250- this is during the hols....my Dad has the thing about me "running out of money" I don't usually spend it and give it back to him and he gives it to me the next day....its odd really. The only thing I spend it on is transport, tubes etc....

:eek: I don't know anyone who is that loaded and I go to a private school! Lucky you for being in such a position.
pikaboo
I did save up a bit last year, but then I got interested in music and it's had a really bad effect on my bank balance :\ curse Queen and my compulsive need to get all the albums, plus Music Zone into tricking me that they do good deals

As i suggested before, nursery rhymes, they're cheap but amazing.

Charters

Ok everyone else is thinking it, i'll be the one to say it...can i have some money please?
Reply 31
Charters

nothing wrong with that, if they can afford it and you arent taking liberties. it would be harsh to take it and go shopping EVERY day and spend it all. but that would be silly!! lol
Reply 32
tis_me_lord
Ok everyone else is thinking it, i'll be the one to say it...can i have some money please?

Ye mate anytime...come down to Chelsea lol :biggrin:
Charters
Ye mate anytime...come down to Chelsea lol

Go to London? Nah, it's not worth it, too far away.
Reply 34
tis_me_lord
Go to London? Nah, it's not worth it, too far away.

Fair enough. I'm down your end every Sunday at erm Beaufort Polo Club...know it?
Charters
Fair enough. I'm down your end every Sunday at erm Beaufort Polo Club...know it?

Its not my house, of course i don't know it.
Reply 36
cdm391
How much does everyone get a week?

None :frown:
Reply 37
tis_me_lord
As i suggested before, nursery rhymes, they're cheap but amazing.

Awww, Ben when you get a bit older you will realise that nursery rhymes don't quite hold the same appeal as they once did :tongue:
Besides ever since my English teacher explained all the innuendo in them (all our English teachers seem to have dirty minds) I'll never look at them in the same way again. I'd best stick to Queen.
pikaboo
Awww, Ben when you get a bit older you will realise that nursery rhymes don't quite hold the same appeal as they once did

That's where you're wrong, i'll always love them.
I've never really had pocket money...I'm given an amount when I need/ask for it, and arrangement which suits me fine! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending