The Student Room Group

Applying to Law

Hi Guys,

Im a first year college student and have just received my grades which were much lower than expected. I only recently decided that I want to study Law, after originally thinking about physiotherapy, but am wondering whats the best course of action from where I am now.

Currently I take Biology, P.E, Psychology and Health and Social (BTEC).

Firstly, Can I apply to study Law with 2 A-levels and a BTEC considering you naturally drop a A-level going into second year?

The reason why I am considering this option is because My P.E grade is low, and the course is linear meaning my grade will carry over to second year. And the assessment which is affecting me is the coursework which I cannot retake.

Can you guys help?
Hey

Well that entirely depends on which calibre of universities you're looking at? I would recommend opening a ranking table for law universities in the UK and looking at the top 50 law universities.

Then go to those universities' websites and check what they advertise as their entry requirements for studying law. If their advertised information doesn't answer your question, call their admissions office (this information will also be available on the universities' websites) and ask them.

I wouldn't recommend calling all 50 universities, but if while researching a particular university, you like the look of it or feel like their law course structure appeals to you, then it would make sense to scope out whether your subjects and predicted grades would be enough to meet their minimum requirements.

Nobody on here would be able to give you the specific advice you need to really answer your question adequately. Frankly, only a university admission's officer would be able to give the right information that you could reasonably rely on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending