The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1094Nay
Hi, I'm currently applying for spring vac schemes and hoping they'll turn into training contracts. The thing that's really getting me are of course the cover letters. any advice on what stands out in the 'why law' section?Thanks!

The problem with giving advice on these sorts of questions is that the answer has to be personal to you. No one on here can tell you why you want to do law.

Try and think what exactly makes you want a career in law. Is it previous experience, for example? Make sure you get that passion across.

With regards to cover letters, try and make them concise and to the point. You want it to be punchy, with shorter sentences which makes it easier for the person reading it to find the key information they are looking for. Don't make it too long, or use long winded sentences, or spend too much time introducing it. Just be clear and to the point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Has anyone done video interviews for Baker McKenzie or Kirkland & Ellis this cycle? :smile:
Please refer to this thread for help and advice... 2018 thread !!!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4871426
Anyone done the BLP Assessment centre yet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by tehforum
Any AC from Eversheds for any office?

Last year they took 3 and a half weeks to PFO me.

It'll be 3 weeks on Monday since I completed mine, but I don't think any AC invites have been sent.

After I did my VI, they said they aim to respond by 9th Feb 2018.
has anyone gotten a pfo from taylor wessing post app?
Reply 6506
Original post by hpjpsp
Hi there,
Congrats on the VS offer! I have my interview next week and was wondering if you could offer any advice?

Many thanks

Hey, I know it was a while ago for you but I have my VC interview in a few days - wondering if you remember what the questions were?
Reply 6507
Original post by commercialgirl94
Does anyone have information about the Fieldfisher Interview Process/Assessment Day? Either from last year or this year?

I am willing to share past experiences at Simmons, Trowers & Hamlins, Penningtons and Kennedys in exchange.

Hey I know you posted this awhile ago and I can't offer you any advice in exchange but i'd be super grateful for any advice on the Trowers & Hamlins VC questions - I have my interview on weds.

Let me know :smile:
what kind of questions were asked in the Mishcon de Reya video interview? I would really appreciate the help, thanks.

Original post by Law_hopeful2016
I sent my VI on 25/11/2016 which makes me think I might have flopped if it's taken them that long to get back to me.
Hi everyone, has anyone done the Taylor Wessing AC and would be willing to share their experience? I've got one coming up but don't really know what to expect from the group exercise/comm awareness exercise! Can offer FF, BLP, Cleary, S&S, RPC, V&E, Reed Smith, Dentons in return. Thank you! x
Whoops wrong year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending