The Student Room Group

Is there anything I can do?

I have been predicted an A* in science all year and have acheived it in all mocks and class tests we have done. So you can imagine my surprise and dissapointment when I got a C on my coursework, at the beginning of the year. I requested to retake it before I got into serious revision for my exams, but was told by my teachers that it didn't matter and that it wouldn't stop me from getting an A* overall.
However, when looking at my results I saw that I had acheived an A overall, despite A*s in both exams. I know that an A is a very good grade, and in all other circumstances I would be over the moon about it, but it is the fact that I wanted to retake my coursework and was told by teachers that it wouldn't have any impact on my grade.
Is there anything I can do now or should I just suck it up and forget about it?
(edited 7 years ago)
This really is up to you. Remember that coursework may require practical work which is a lot harder to just retake. Talk to your teachers but it sounds like they advise against it.
Original post by alleycat393
This really is up to you. Remember that coursework may require practical work which is a lot harder to just retake. Talk to your teachers but it sounds like they advise against it.

I got my coursework grade back at the beginning of the year and was told not to retake it then as I wanted to retake it before I started seriously revising, that's why I'm annoyed because I had the chance to retake it but was reassured that there was no need and I could still acheive an A*.
Is it even possible to retake coursework now or would it mean retaking the entire subject?
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
I got my coursework grade back at the beginning of the year and was told not to retake it then as I wanted to retake it before I started seriously revising, that's why I'm annoyed because I had the chance to retake it but was reassured that there was no need and I could still acheive an A*.
Is it even possible to retake coursework now or would it mean retaking the entire subject?

You will have to retake the entire subject. It's also at your school's discretion if they will let you retake coursework, I'm afraid.
The happened to me in French! I got a borderline A in my writing controlled assessment, but wasn't allowed to retake it as you could only do that if you got a B or below. My teacher still predicted me an A* in French - and despite getting 100% in both exams (listening and reading) I'm still one UMS mark away from the A*, and can't get a remark or anything because I lost all my marks in controlled assessment. So annoying!!! I I'm sorry but I don't think there's anything you can do :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest