The Student Room Group

Friends meeting up for picnic, but don’t have anything to bring

Hi guys, one of my friends is coming to visit the rest of us (as she lives abroad) and we’re planning to meet up and have a picnic.
The only issue is, I don’t think I can bring anything.
My family is struggling financially and so we’re not sure what we can eat for breakfast or lunch tomorrow, so idk how to tell them that I may not be able to bring anything. I’m also afraid of how awkward it will be to like not have anything, unless I perhaps make a baked good? Lacking most ingredients.
I do have some cash, like £10 but I don’t want to use it because I am saving it for when my mum gives me back the remainder of my birthday money so that I can buy one of my other friends (whose birthday passes a couple months ago) a gift and chocolate.

Sorry for the long rant lmao, I’m not extremely worried just curious for some help
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys, one of my friends is coming to visit the rest of us (as she lives abroad) and we’re planning to meet up and have a picnic.
My family is struggling financially and so we’re not sure what we can eat for breakfast or lunch tomorrow, so idk how to tell them that I may not be able to bring anything. I’m also afraid of how awkward it will be to like not have anything, unless I perhaps make a baked good? Lacking most ingredients.
I do have some cash, like £10 but I don’t want to use it because I am saving it for when my mum gives me back the remainder of my birthday money so that I can buy one of my other friends (whose birthday passes a couple months ago) a gift and chocolate.

Sorry for the long rant lmao, I’m not extremely worried just curious for some help
Perhaps you should explain to your friend - they should understand as a friend.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Set up a gofundme I think you could get a lot of donations a hundred pounds would do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending