The Student Room Group

Are my A levels a weird combination?

I'm going into sixth form in September and I have chosen to study: Maths, Further Maths, French, English Language, Art. I'm also doing Japanese additional studies. It is like this because I want to leave my options open for all the careers that I am considering:

Fashion/ Interior Design
Styling
Translation/ Interpreting
Journalism (Either Fashion or Magazine)

I'm not sure yet which I would like to do but I do know that whatever I end up doing I will not stop learning languages.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Did you pick maths for the sake of it or did you enjoy it at GCSE?
Just a note, jobs for translation/interpreting may be lessened considerably in the coming years due to machine learning.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tasha1905
I'm going into sixth form in September and I have chosen to study: Maths, French, English Language, Art. I'm also doing Japanese additional studies. It is like this because I want to leave my options open for all the careers that I am considering:

Fashion/ Interior Design
Styling
Translation/ Interpreting
Journalism (Either Fashion or Magazine)

I'm not sure yet which I would like to do but I do know that whatever I end up doing I will not stop learning languages.

Yeah they are a weird combo lol but as long as you enjoy the subject then it shouldn't matter :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rajive
Did you pick maths for the sake of it or did you enjoy it at GCSE?

I really enjoyed Maths at GCSE and I also did Level 2 Further Maths and I am happy with the grades I got so that's why I want to carry on with Maths.
I dont think so. Maths is the oddball really but imo it goes well with anything. Being good at maths illustrates a cognitive ability which is always relevant. It varies up your A levels as well and makes you seem more rounded.

Quick Reply

Latest