The Student Room Group
Kennedy's Latin Primer (Longman) is the classic answer to this question, since it is comprehensive and long established. There is also the Oxford Latin Grammar.

Having a copy of Kennedy's is probably worth it regardless, since lots of textbooks and texts often refer to it as a paradigm.

I would also recommend English Grammar for Students of Latin by Norma Goldman. Not an easy book to get hold of, but good at explaining grammatical concepts and ideas (the lack of this is a flaw often identified of Kennedy's).

I personally own all three, and use all three probably equally but for sheer, classic tabular excellence, get a Kennedy's.
Reply 2
Shortbread Eating Primer ftw!
Reply 3
First of all, it's grammar...best get that one right before you get there :wink:

I would recommend this one.
Reply 4
Yeah, thanks for that totally unnecessary comment. I couldn't edit the title afterwards.
Reply 5
Or your original post, I assume.

A "thanks for the recommendation" would have been nice.
Kennedy's Revised Latin Primer, all the way :smile: Bit dull, but it's all there!
Mike Seigel's (think that's how you spell it!) GCSE textbook is good for quick revision of syntax, as it breaks it down and has a chapter for each type of construction.
in terms of English -> Latin Prose Composition, its got to be Colebourn's "Latin Sentence & Idiom"

for everything else, its gotta be Kennedy's masterpiece...

Latest