The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Nutrition at University of Leeds

Hi everyone,

I have applied for Nutrition at the University of Leeds. I haven;t seen a thread about this course, so I thought I would start one. For those in the course already, how do you find it? :smile:
Hi, I'm going to apply for Nutrition at Leeds too!
I'm a bit nervous though - I went to the open day and the campus was so huge, but the facilities were amazing

Have you heard back yet?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I have also applied for this course! But i haven't been to an open day or anything because i live too far away so any info/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!
Original post by Segsation
I have also applied for this course! But i haven't been to an open day or anything because i live too far away so any info/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

The campus was way bigger than I imagined it to be, it was like a city within a city! I loved the fact that they had their own food and nutrition building, separate to other buildings, which shows that they actually value it as a subject (it was next to a cute little pond too).
They had two different practical areas, a kitchen and a lab - the tour guy told us that they were growing cancer cells next door, which is amazing to think about. They also offered fruit and sandwiches; I like the fact that they had the food covered up, unlike other places I've been to, where the fruit was left uncovered for hours.

The man who did my course lecture was really nice, and he took the time to speak to everybody and ask where they all came from, which I thought was good. The man who did my taster lecture was a bit of a snob though.
You also got a complementary food and food science tote bag with a pen, which I thought was a nice touch!
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone have an offer for nutrition yet? Leeds is the only one i have left to hear back from but it's the one I most want to go to :smile:
Reply 5
Posted in this already but not sure if it actually posted lol, what Alevel subjects does everyone applying to leeds nutrition have??
Original post by Eimlough
Posted in this already but not sure if it actually posted lol, what Alevel subjects does everyone applying to leeds nutrition have??

I'm doing biology, maths and law plus I have an as in chemistry...but I don't have an offer yet so...

Quick Reply

Latest